Breaking A Friend's Heart

Aurora's P.O.V.

"This is mad... At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates. Well, as of Nevel."

"Yeah. I bet he's taking himself."

"Might I address you to know that Nevel already has one?"

Hermione whispers as the trio sit beside one another in the study hall. I'm sitting between Fred and George, a little further away from them at the table. They're close enough to overhear their brief whispers.

I glance at Hermione, and she glances at the twins. Silently asking me if one of them has asked me yet. I shake my head and my eyes back down at my notebook.

There are only a few more days until it's considered a last-minute date. I hope one of them will just get it over with and ask me. I glance up at Snape as I hear Ron whisper to Harry.

"Now, I'm really depressed..."

Fred writes something on a paper, smiling, and shows his brother and me before sliding it to Ron. It was basically telling him to hurry and ask someone. Ron reads the note and whispers to his brother, frustrated.

"Well, who are you two going with then? Just Aurora?"

"I already found someone, mate."

George whispers with a slick smile. I stop writing from hearing his words in alarm and turn to glance at him, confused. For a second, I thought I didn't hear it correctly, making me ask in a low whisper.

"You have a date?"

Before George can answer, he and I see a crumbled piece of paper hit Angelina across from the table. Me and Angelina both turn to the person who threw it. Fred then mouths to Angelina if she wanted to go to the Ball with him.

I feel my heart shatter as Angelina says yes. I turn away from Fred and Angelina to stare at the book in front of me, trying to process what happened. In a matter of seconds, I found out George has already asked someone and Fred ask someone right in front of me.

Without blinking, I try to stay calm, but I can feel my chest swelling and my stomach drop. How could the guys not ask me when I'm sitting right between them? Fred then shoves me lightly to read something from his notebook, but I don't move a muscle.

He shoves me again to get my attention, but I couldn't do it. Standing up violently, I storm to Snape with my notebook and hand it to him quickly. Snape grabs it from me with a hardened expression.

I catch his gaze. And it's the first one since what had just transpired. He stares at me for a long minute and I know he can tell my eyes are getting red within seconds. He raises an eyebrow just as I spin around.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Snape looking at the students; I consider friends and see them all watching me leave in confusion. I stalk out of the room with George and Fred, watching disappointedly. Harry and Cedric watch me as well.

Just before I'm out of the room, I clench my fists in anger. When I leave, I hear the torches go out in the room with one sudden breeze. Leaving the room in darkness.

~Owlery~

"Aurora... " Harry and I both are at the Owlery with letters to Sirius and my parents. Harry and I had been walking beside one another for a long time until Harry had the courage to ask me. "Do you think it's possible if you would go to the ball with me?"

"Bloody hell, Harry."

I blurt out from how unexpected his question is. He knew I had been waiting for George and Fred to ask me, but now I don't have to. As we walk up the stairs, I shove him lightly, commenting.