Young and Beautiful

Aurora's P.O.V.

"Come on, this way, Children."

Hermione and I face each other, cringing at what our mother said. We roll our eyes and fold our arms at the same time. It's been three years since my first year in Hogwarts. Nothing seems the same as it did the summer before.

Hermione and I don't feel like the children our mother is calling us. In all honesty, we don't feel like the daughters our mother raised anymore. Yet, hat doesn't stop our mother from treating us as such.

"Mother... We're not kids anymore." Hermione defends with an annoyed expression any teenager would have on their face. "Aurora is fifteen and I'm thirteen."

"Very cute. My darling... I see where you're coming from." My mother, Michele Granger, snorts as she hurries us to a fireplace in the Ministry. "Nonetheless, you're still my children."

My mom is smart enough to notice that she now barely knows her daughters. What keeps her going is how each summer we'd come back closer and similar to one another than before. My parents never could understand what we're being taught or even what we get punished for anymore.

They read every letter they get but they never could understand it completely, but they try their best. Mom would always listen to our stories and ask questions like she's slowly understanding our world, even if she really doesn't. She must just enjoy seeing us growing as sisters every summer. However, my father usually stays out of it since it feels like we're talking in tongue.

"You girls are sure this is safe?"

My mother asks once we get in line to a fireplace. She watches other adults go inside and disappear in green fire. It makes her have a stronger grip on Hermione as we wait for our turn. Hermione sends me an expression to say something. I then force out an answer Fred and George gave my mother in the last letter.

"Of course, it's free, and this is the fastest way to their house for us."

"I didn't ask if it was free or fast..."

Michelle scorns me as the three of us take a step forward in the line. I offer her a smile but say nothing back because, truthfully, I'm not sure. I just know it'll get us to the Weasleys. Hermione then speaks up, suggesting.

"Molly is the one who said to travel this way, Mother. Don't worry."

Michelle nods, unconvinced, but nowadays no one can convince her about anything in the wizarding world. Especially since the newspapers say Sirius Black has escaped Azkaban. He's been on the loose for a month now and apparently it's the only thing our parents can understand.

They've done their research and know that our friend Harry could be a reason he'd want to escape. Our parents feared the worst for us, like most parents would. It took Hermione and me a month of convincing and letters from the Weasley family to get our parents on board with this trip. And here we are, saying our goodbyes at the Ministry of magic a week before school starts.

"Now, Do be on your best behavior, girls..." Michelle thinks out loud when noticing it'll be our turn in a matter of seconds. "Be respectful. Write to me on any news you have."

"We will, promise." Hermione assures her just as we become next to go into the flames. Michelle turns around and kneels to hug both of us. We let her with ease as she whispers like she's trying not to cry. "Oh... Girls. I know you both are too good to be safe... But try. I love you so much."

"I love you too."

Hermione and I say together as we pull away from the hug and turn to face the fireplace. Hermione goes in first to go inside. She disappears instantly, letting me move to follow her. Before I get inside, I turn and find my mother covering her mouth with her hand.