Quarter Past Midnight

Fred's P.O.V.

"Come on, don't be shy." George announces over the music with a tray in his hand. "We got enough for everyone."

"You get a shot, you get a shot-"

I announce to each person I pass while dancing. Glancing down when seeing someone unusually short, I notice a first-year who's somehow still awake. The boy stares up at me sheepishly, as if he knows he didn't get the invitation to stay up past curfew to party with the older students.

This makes me search around to see if anyone notices the boy half everyone's size. A second later, I hand him a soda and offer him a mischief wink. Scanning for other students my age, I continue to hand shots of liquor.

"-And you get a shot... Aurora, I got your- Aurora? Darling? Aye! Forge, where's the Duchess?"

"Don't know..." George stops handing shots on his own tray and searches around the room, calling out. "Has anyone seen a short dramatic duchess? She's a Slytherin in Gryffindor's clothing?"

No one gives us the answer we need, making George turn to me and shrug. He hands out the rest of his shots glasses while walking to me. The Gryffindor's common room's filled with fourth-years and up. There are a few younger students, but only a handful.

The common room's filled with music, dancing, and loud conversations. Gryffindor has been on a winning streak in Quidditch since game one. George, Aurora and I have been supplying the after-parties every time this year.

It seemed only right since no one else has the balls to arrange something like this. Yet, this is the one party me or my brother can't find, Aurora. Once George reaches me, I grab the last three shot glasses from my tray for him, Aurora, and me.

"I haven't seen her in a while." George speaks up to me curiously, which only makes me more confused. "You don't think she's already done for the night?"

"Not likely. It's barely been an hour." I answer before sighing and peering around, knowing she too short to see her in the crowd. "Let's just check her room... In case."

"I swear... If she's already asleep."

George mumbles as he and I walk through party animals to the girl's stairway. Scanning the room one more time, I officially decided Aurora was not presence to the party she's co-hosting. I do, however, notice Angelina, Alicia and Kellah watching me by the fireplace. I can't help but smile and wave flirtatiously. They offer me a wave in return and my smile turns into a grin. The alcohol in my system is telling me to head over to the girls, but the word Duchess keeps popping in the back of my mind, letting me know where my priorities lie first.

George is the first to make it out of the crowd of students and reach the stairs. It doesn't take long for me to do the same. We both hustle up the stairs straight to Aurora and Hermione's room. George busts the door open to the girl's room and searches around. I pop my head in, scanning for any clues of our missing co-host.

No candles are lit. Aurora's bed is empty and made. However, a groan comes from Hermione's bed, making us both turn our heads. We watch Hermione sit up tiredly and glance around, confused. The music downstairs is blasting through from us, having the door cracked, making her growl at us.

"She's not here. I kicked her out earlier. Now, get out before I break up your little party."

"Bloody hell, OKAY. We're going!"

George quickly shuts the door, knowing not to mess with a sleepy Granger. Most of Ron's and Hermione's friends don't join us at the after-parties. They are too nervous about getting caught or what awaits them the next morning.