That's What Matters

Aurora's P.O.V.

"Mom! Dad!"

I call out frantically as I walk into my parents' house, with Fred and George following behind me. It's around three in the morning, but I'm sure my shouting woke up my parents. Turning on the lights in the living room, I walk further into the house and glance around.

When I told the Weasley twins that I wanted to see my parents, we just walked out of Sirius's home and left. No one noticed we left from everyone in their own bedrooms. I still haven't explained to George and Fred why I want to see my parents.

They keep asking me questions about it but I haven't answered. I didn't want to say anything until I know I didn't have proof that I'm Aurora Granger. So all Fred and George can do is follow my lead and make sure we're safe.

However, I don't have a care in the world about being safe; that's the least on my mind. I'm not bothering to be quiet and lie low from Death Eaters and Dementors. My only thought process is to talk to my parents as soon as I can.

"Aurora, dear, what's going on? What happened?"

My father asks as he and my mom race down the stairs in their pajamas. They both have panicked expressions as my dad holds a bat in his hand. He lowers it at the sight of me and blurts out.

"What's wrong? Why are you here?"

"Dad, where is my birth certificate?" I ignore his questions and head into his studies. "You have mine with Hermione's, don't you?"

My parents watch me, exhausted and disbelief, as they follow me into my father's studies. Fred and George follow behind my parents as I open the door to the studies. Walking inside, I turn on the light and scan around the room.

My parents and the Weasley twins are standing at the doorway, not understanding what's going on. I open up drawers and folders, only to put them back and go to the next. Heading to a file drawer to look through, I ask my parents.

"Is my real name Amelia? Or is it my middle name-"

"Of course not, Aurora." My mother answers in frustration with my behavior. "You've always been Aurora Granger. What is this all about-"

"Where's my birth certificate?!"

"I'm sorry about this... We just really need it."

George speaks up and tries to be polite to my parents as I wander around the room hysterically, seeking for my hospital papers. Getting more frustrated as I open drawers, I toss files to the ground and keep searching for the right one. Fred then lies terribly, hoping it will help justify us being here.

"She needs it for school."

"It's alright, I..." My mother, now completely awake, sighs while watching me. "I just don't understand-"

"Where is it!" I shout and slam drawers impatiently. "Damn it, where is it, dad!"

"Honey, we don't have yours." My father breathes out in embarrassment and finally answers my question in shame. "We missed placed it a long time ago... I'm sorry, I didn't think it would matter for school-"

"You what?" I take a step back from the file drawer to stare at my parents. "Do you still have Hermione's?"

"Yes..." My mother sighs in guilt while rubbing her scalp. "Why do you need your birth certificate, anyway?"

My mouth hangs open as I stare at my parents in front of me. My mother and father are watching me, tired and confused. Fred and George are at the doorway with matching faces of uncertainty.