The Bait

Aurora's P.O.V.

"So after dinner?"

I smirk at Luna Lovegood as we walk down the hall together. She smiles her innocent smile and nods. We just finished our class when found each other in the hall.

"Sure. Are we inviting Fred and George this time?"

Luna asks, honestly curious, and I shake my head no. At the beginning of the year, we both found out we smoke the occasional Mary Jane. I soon found out after she grows some in the forest.

Since then I've been buying from her and meeting up with her for smoke sess. Usually she just gives it to me for free to be nice, but I sneak money into her purse or books when she's not looking. I've invited Fred and George a few times to smoke with us, but I notice quickly they rather just smoke with me the same way I rather just drink with them.

"Odds are they want to work on a prank tonight." I point out to her, knowing we're nearing the end of this term. "They always plan one before the school year ends."

"Sounds good." Luna answers while glancing around the hall. "They're very loud, anyway."

"I know..." I frown when I remember what happened last time they joined us. "I'm sorry. They can't help it when they get excited."

"And high..."

She grins and meets my eyes again. Laughing, I nod, agreeing with her as we continue down the hall. I've heard people say Luna is a little Loony, but I can't figure out why.

Maybe they don't understand her jokes or what she says. Though I've hung out with Fred and George long enough to be immune to anything bizarre. I think of it as a gift, really.

"You want to try playing a muggle game, too?" I speak up just as we are about to turn the corner. "Hermione and I used to play it when we were kids... It's called Scrabble. We could even change it with a spell-"

"I don't understand why you're still mad at me? It was a harmless dare, George."

Luna and I are about to turn the corner when I hear a familiar voice. I stop us from moving and peek my head past the wall. Luna does the same, glancing around, curious to what I'm doing.

A little way down the hall we were about to go into, I find Katie and George together. They're alone in the hall, standing close to one another. George and Katie both seem annoyed at one another.

"Piss off, Katie."

"Aurora wanted to give Roger a-"

"No, Aurora never wants to back down from a challenge." I pull me and Luna back against the wall as I hear George snaps at Katie. "You know that, hell everyone does."

"I still don't see the problem here."

"The problem is you gave her the dare to rile up me and my brother. Congrats, Katie. It worked."

George states sarcastically. I can hear it frustration in his tone. Biting my bottom lip, I grow nervous about what they're talking about. It's been a week since that night and I've completely gotten over it. Everything went back to normal the next morning. I guess it didn't for George completely.

"... But for you to get Aurora blowing up at us is cruel. Aurora not a something you can bait me and my brother with to get a stupid reaction from us."

"I was only trying to spice up the night, like I always do. You always seem fine with it."

"I am and you can do that... But not with Aurora."

"Bloody hell, George. You act like Aurora can't do anything for herself. Aurora needs us to help her study. We have to invite Rora. Oh, Aurora Fred and I are working on this new prank... Where's the duchess?"