Filthy Little Liar

Arthur's P.O.V.

Watching the kids walking closer to the house, I wave for them to come inside. A smile forms on my lips as I see Aurora giggling and whispering something in George's ear. Fred looks at them, annoyed, before waving his wand at them with sprinkles of water coming out of it.

Even with the distance, I can make out Fred, George, and Aurora's smiles. When Aurora and Hermione arrived for the summer, the oldest sister was unusually quiet and almost miserable. I've never seen Aurora that way in the presence of my twin sons. 

Fred and George always brought the best out of her. It was only when Ginny told me how Aurora and Cedric were close that I understood what was dampening on her mood. Just that little information helped me find the reasoning for the eldest Granger's unorthodox behavior. 

I've seen with my own eyes how students, such as my old school friends, can become scarred at a young age by something that was out of their control. Though Fred and George are handling it great, making me so proud to have them as sons. It's because of them and time has passed that Aurora's finally getting back to herself. 

I'm seeing the same light-hearted mischief girl my sons fell in love with during their first year. I don't know if Aurora realizes she loves them or if the boys know they love her. However, I can see it like it's across their foreheads in big red letters. 

The three of them have been inseparable since the day they met. They go everywhere together; they're never alone. If Fred and George's attention isn't on her, it's in search of her.

Aurora's just as bad; when without them. She'll glance around as if they'll pop by her side, which somehow they regularly do. I'll admit they were never this bad when they were younger. 

They made time for Ron, Ginny and Hermione a few summers back. Now, Ron and Hermione seem to keep to each other. Just as Aurora, George, and Fred do with each other. 

I assume it's just something that happens when kids start growing up. Though, I wish all of them would stay as my little trouble makers. When the group of four is close enough, I stop dwelling on the health of the kids and announce.

"I have news and supper is ready. Everyone in, please."

Aurora's P.O.V.

"Finally. About time you came back inside." 

Molly says while watching Fred, George, Ron and me flood into the house with her husband. The boys and I smell the food coming from the table and instantly shuffle toward all the home-cooked food. Quickly handing Hermione and Ron plates to set on the table, Molly then points at her twins asking. 

"What on Earth were you doing earlier? I saw smoke from the window."

"Someone started a fired, mum." 

George blurts out and kisses her cheek before grabbing a bowl of bread to set on the table. He then plops down in a seat and tugs me down next to him. Fred goes to sit next to me while adding to their story. 

"We put it out all by ourselves. Heroes, we are now... or Aurora would have been toast."

"Oh, I'm sure." Pulling out a seat to sit on, Molly smiles at me while mumbling in a tone. "I find it hard to believe that she's the one that would have've burned alive."

The house is buzzing with people moving around to their seats as plates are being passed around. When all the kids have sat down, Arthur finally goes to sit at the head of the table. Hermione and Ginny began blabbering about when they can see Harry.

 Ron is stacking his plate with food with food already stuffed in his mouth. Molly's talking about what jobs Fred and George could get in the Ministry. They don't listen as they fight over a bowl.