Falling Souls

Hermione's P.O.V.

Avada Kedavra!

I awake in surprise at hearing the unforgivable curse. Glancing around the dark room in panic, I see nothing alarming but inside me; I feel something troubling. The only source of light is the moon from the windows. 

The light only gives me a glimpse of my surroundings. Sitting up more, I see Aurora in a twin-size bed, twitching and thrashing her hands against the sheets. Getting out of bed, I quietly walk toward my sister while Ginny is still fast asleep in her own bed. 

Tonight is one of the few times Aurora has slept in the girl's room for the night. Aurora's usually up late with the twins and ends up falling asleep in their room. It's just another night like any other on our summer break. 

Arthur is still at headquarters, has been for almost a month now. Besides that, nothing is out of the ordinary here at the Weasley's house. Getting closer to my older sister, I notice her sweating as she whimpers out.

"Cedric- Cedric-" With a jolt, Aurora shouts and awakens Ginny. "No!"

Aurora's P.O.V.

"Cedric!" I scream in agony as he falls down and his soul leaves his body. "Cedric!"

Everyone in the stadium is cheering and clapping, they don't stop as if they can't do anything besides that. I'm trampling down students in my way. They just get back up and continue to clap as nothing had happened. 

I'm running to the center of the stadium where Cedric is on his back, lifeless in a patch of grass. A few feet behind him, Lord Voldemort watches me through the crowd with a predator gaze. The dark lord has Harry caged in a statue. 

Potter's yelling my name as I trip and tumble to the last step. When I sit up, Voldemort looks me in the eye with nothing but hate. It's as if he's looking into my soul and knows everything he already needs to know from me. 

I feel stiff in my kneeling form, as if I'm stuck in place. Voldemort is towering over me. The crowd's cheering slows down in her mind as Harry's shouts get louder from behind Voldemort.

"Aurora!"

"Aurora... No..." Voldemort smiles while stepping over Cedric's body and saying as if he's correcting Harry's words. "Amelia."

My spine shivers as if he's defining what the word means instead of calling me by it. As he comes closer to me, the cheering forms into screams. My surroundings slowly turn to darkness as the Dark Lord states one last thing.

"Your soul will fall... As every Fallen Soul has before you."

"Darling, wake up! Wake up-"

"Move!"

Just as I hear voices around me, cold water hits my face and I sit up, gasping for air. Coughing out screams, I blink my eyes awake with the picture of Voldemort still in my head. Glancing around me in panic, I see Ron holding an empty pitcher before Ginny shoves him away from me as she yells at him.

When I watch the two youngest Weasley's, I feel hands on my arms and unconsciously jolt in my bed. Glancing at who's touching me, I find Fred and George. They are on either side of me on my bed and I slump my shoulders in relief. 

George is pushing my wet hair out of my face while Fred rubbing my arm, trying to give me some sense of comfort. When my eyes dart away from them, I see Hermione sitting at the end of the bed.

"She hasn't had one in a month." Hermione speaks up to the twins in concern. "She was calling out Cedric this time too, not Harry, do you think it-"

"- It's Harry's dreams? Could be again... But she can never tell." Fred mumbles while wrapping a blanket around me as I try to cough out the last of the water Ron poured. George glances at Hermione explaining. "Her own nightmares are usually only Harry's-"