Chapter 5

Important: I updated chapter 4 and made it longer, so please read it again before proceeding!

Irène's POV

I'm not a woman of word.

I'm sorry — not really — for what I'm about to do, maybe Derek is going to hate Veronica a little bit more.

But getting what you want all the time, cannot be fair for others.

I put on my black sunglasses and I look at the back window as I reverse out of the parking spot.

Two hours drive. Couldn't they place him in a nearer penitentiary?

It's barely noon, but at least they allow visits on Monday. I just left the lecture hall half an hour ago.

It's funny to think I am too rich to go to college, I only do it for fun. I don't have to attend anything and I don't have to work for good grades. My dad being a corrupt filthy rich politician seems useful sometimes.

It was enough to make a few calls, put on my best puppy eyes for my daddy and he arranged a visit with Derek Forster.

Of course, he asked why, and who the fuck is that... but then I reminded him I can ruin his whole reputation with one video.

"Derek, here I come," I say as I reach the highway, I pick the fastest lane and I speed up.

After half an hour of probably going over the speed limit by far, I reach the Penitentiary of Atlanta.

I grab my purse and I press the lock button on
my key to the rouge Lamborghini. Most people here aren't used to seeing this kind of car in a prison parking lot.

I walk to the main entrance, I put my sunglasses over my head before I enter.

"Irène Leroy, please come here," the security guard points to me and I smile. My dad does a good job, sometimes. I'm going to give that to him.

I go to the office and a man in his fifties gives me a form, I fill it with my name and who I am visiting. Just normal procedure.

I turn around to hand the form and I catch the security guard staring at me. I wink and his cheeks seem to flare up.

"Let's get you to the visitation room," the previous man says as he puts his hand on my back. I want to snatch it off but I ignore the urge, for now.

We enter the enormous room. They put Derek in one of the best prisons with maximum security. Weird, indeed.

They mostly do that to rapists, pedophiles, and murderers.

What did Derek Forster exactly do to get himself in here? Now thinking about it, it seems bigger than I thought.

I know James doesn't have the power and financial stability to do this, I "spoke" to him.

"Please, sit here, Miss. Leroy." The security guard points to the seat in the nearest place from where the inmates enter.

I look around and the room is filled with desperate people waiting for their losers to come. It's like a game, seeing your loved ones get worse day by the day, as their time goes up.