Chapter 26

"We will find Alexander. He is our first problem right now," Irène says and we all look at her, not entirely convinced.

She takes out her phone and calls someone.

"Don't," she says through gritted teeth as soon as I hear a man say something inaudible on the other end.

I suddenly remember that she told me she killed her sister... I forgot with all that happened since then, but she never brought it up again.

"I need you to find someone and bring them to 4479 Melville Street, rental garage 107."

"What are you doing?" I whisper and she whispers for me to shut the fuck up.

After she hangs up, Dominic turns around.

"Are we going back there? Is it safe this soon?"

"They don't know where we are anymore. They won't expect us to go back." She puts down the phone. "We start with Alex. We thought we needed a confession that he framed Derek... but it's even better." She smirks.

"He will dig his own grave and Felix's entire business. I will force him to say absolutely every detail about them and when my dad builds a case against them, not even one man will stand up to us."

I chuckle in admiration. Wow.

"We will be under witness protection and we will have to lay low and never be alone, but in a month every single one of them will be in prison," she continues.

"What if Alex doesn't know much?"

This plan could only work if Alex actually works with them.

"Doesn't Felix have anyone he cares about, Derek?" she asks with confidence.

Everyone has a person that they love so much it ends up fucking them up.

"He does actually..." he realizes as he turns the car to go back to Atlanta.

Approximately two hours away.

"Plan B, Plan C, and I can keep going." She smiles.

"You are fucking insane and it's so good," Dom says and she laughs.

"What's plan C?" I ask with surprise.

"You don't want to know."

~

Two hours later we finally arrived back in Atlanta, specifically, the garage Derek rented. Do I trust Iréne that we made the right choice to come back? No. My legs are literally shaking and I'm nervously sweating.

I rub my wet palms on my dress.

Right, I'm still wearing this damn dress. And to think it's only been a day but it feels like ages.

We are supposed to wait outside the garage and they take Alexander to us... but it's weird. Irene's family is incredibly strange. And unlawful, but I guess you cannot deal with kidnapping, torturing, and forced confession the legal way.

"If I piss off this blondie, will she get me kidnapped?" Dominic asks in amusement and Irène shoots him a scary look. She is amused by it, slightly. I know her too well at this point.

Twenty minutes later a minivan stops near the garage doors. They take out Alexander blindfolded and unconscious.

How the fuck did they find him?