Chapter 33

"I mean, yeah, of course I wanna help you," I say.

"Good, let's go."

When she grabs my hand to go to her bedroom, I get even more confused.

"It will not be that easy to get into my pants," I joke.

Irène bursts into laughter. "I think it is." She opens her closet and hands me a blue dress.

"You are way shorter than me, and I'm sure it won't look as flattering on you but try this."

So encouraging, she is always sweet.

She shoves the dress into my hands and I look at it for a few seconds, immediately noticing how deep the cleavage is.

But why is she handing me this dress?

"Where are we going?"

"I happen to know there is a party going on..."

"I still don't understand how this is going to help you?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Nathaniel is there and I'm planning to ruin his little fun."

Before I even ask what's her plan, she starts taking off her clothes and she puts on a short black dress with sheer sleeves.

"Won't he notice us?"

"It will be too late."

~

When we get to this random house, I forget we are going to a party because it's completely dark and empty there.

She shows me the house and I realize we parked down the street a bit further away.

Before we leave the car I ask, "what is the revenge plan?"

"Go have fun, we will worry about it later."

I don't say anything else. I'm not sure I'm in the mood to have fun, I already have enough on my mind.

"This is Nathaniel's house and party, why would he even accept us in here?"

"He comes later, Shanice told me. Also the party is starting soon."

"You brought Shanice into this? Does she know about your this whole revenge idea?"

She shakes her head.

I look in the rear view mirror and I notice my bare skin without any glimpse of makeup. Maybe I should have applied some concealer because I look horrible. I struggle to recall the last time I had some good sleep.

Oh, I do. It was when I was at Derek's apartment after he fucked Antonia. Sweet.

I won't think about him, he doesn't even have the balls to admit he used me. He just ghosted me.

I'm going to have fun.

I check the time on my phone, it's barely 11 pm. Probably too fucking early.

After minutes and minutes of waiting for anyone to come here, a car appears in front of that house.

I try to open the car handle but Irène stops me.