Chapter 18

Author's note: if you encounter any plot holes, just point them out. There are probably so many in this book, I'm soooo sorry, since I took many breaks I keep forgetting many things that happened and since there is also a time jump, it's even harder. Plus it doesn't help that I'm rewriting the first book for publication and changing many things so I have to remember such similar projects but also remember the differences. I do outline and annotate some stuff but I'm extremely busy and stressed out so it's still messy. Have patience, I'll fix them up eventually!

——Derek's POV——

I call Dominic's number and I'm going to beat him up if he doesn't answer. I don't care that it's 3 am.

The phone rings a few times and I feel like throwing it out of the moving car.

He answers and I give him no time to talk.

"They kidnapped Veronica, for fuck's sake, Dominic, they sent me a v- video and she was all bruised and terrified-" I smash the steering wheel with my free hand.

"What?!" he yells in a raspy morning voice and I feel like I'm losing all the patience I don't have.

"Wait, where are you, I'm coming-"

"I'm picking you up. I don't even know where to start looking. I know nothing about them except-" I try to explain but he talks over me.

"Let's just try with Felix's house."

"It's been so long, they don't use it anymore." I sigh annoyed as I take my hands off the steering wheel when the street is clear and I run it through my short hair frustrated. "But let's go."

I drive over the speeding limit, the police might stop me, and considering my record, they won't let me go easily, but screw it. I'll kill them all if I'll have to.

"Send me the video."

"You don't want to see it, believe me." My voice cracks.

"Send it, I'll check to see where they could be."

I send him the video and he hangs up to prepare for what's to come. There is no easy way out with those people, they won't let go without someone dying, and I know who they want dead in front of my eyes.

My phone starts ringing again after just a few seconds I sent the video to Dominic, and my heart jumps out of my chest when I notice it's a number I don't have saved on my phone. Fuck. Please, not again.

I answer the call.

——Irène's POV——

After Veronica left, I tried to follow her but I had to find my keys and she was already gone. I suspected she went home to her mom, but most likely Derek.

She isn't the type to give up when she loves someone.

I was right about Alexander, it is no surprise but it still feels damn good to be right all the time.

When I came back to the dorm, Nicole woke up to ask me where I went and if I talked to Veronica.

Soon after Dominic called Nicole.

What confused me was that she did go to Derek's apartment and she left but her car is still there.

I'm laying wide awake in my bed, trying to sleep, but I can't. I keep thinking about how weird it is. Maybe Alexander came to get her and they left somewhere else? She is clearly not on campus.