Chapter 13

Irène's POV

A few hours later

"Are you okay?" I ask Veronica when she slams the door of our dorm. I know she is mad at me because she hasn't talked to me since last Saturday.

"You know the answer," she mutters and I nod.

"I'm going to kill her," I spit.

"No, don't, it's my fault. I shouldn't have attacked her." She searches through the closet for some clothes.

"She provoked you."

"We aren't children."

"S0, what's going to happen?"

"I have a meeting with the principal tomorrow. They will decide how long to suspend me from classes, that also depends if Shanice takes the blame too. Then they might reconsider the decision but it's hard considering I had a bad reputation in high school, I was held at the police station a few weeks ago and also, Shanice would never assume part of the blame."

"She will definitely do that, or I will ruin her."

"Gosh, stop being so fake-tough, it's annoying."

I mentally laugh at her outburst and I think about it for a few seconds. Am I fake-tough?
Maybe I'm just insane.

They say awareness is everything.

"And I haven't forgotten what you did to Derek," she glances at me once and I get worried for one second. I know what she is talking about, but I have almost forgotten.

"Aw, your little boyfriend." I laugh and she looks at me annoyed. "He deserved it, I mean, the least he could do is talk to you."

"He did talk to me," she emphasizes on 'did' and I frown, waiting for her to continue.

"Long story, I found out he is out and I went to his old apartment and he was livid, he barely exchanged a word with me." My eyes widen in shock and I want to say something but she interrupts me right away.

"You promised you wouldn't do anything stupid and you did." Veronica takes off her top and replaces it with another clean one. "And don't even try to excuse yourself, he didn't deserve that. You have no right to decide that kind of stuff. Maybe you think that your 'power' makes you above everyone else but I know you are just a brat and spoiled kid."

Ouch.

"Is that what you think of me?" I say a bit hurt.

"Doesn't everyone think that?"

I pause for a few seconds. Normally I'd murder—maybe not so literally— anyone who would ever dare to talk to me this way, but I care about her. And I know what I did was a tiny bit shitty, so I'm going to let it slide.

"I forgive you," I say triumphantly

"What?" she scoffs.

"I forgive your outburst and I can understand that you don't see things the way I do, clearly, you need more time to understand."

She scoffs again and I laugh. Gosh, being a bitch is the best thing. It's actually funny.

"You are insane!" she yells at me while she walks to the door.

Ronnie storms out of the room and slams the door so rough the bed twitches a little. I lay back on it and just smile.

I know what I have to do next, I should make a list.

1. Threaten Shanice with death if she doesn't take the full blame.

I know Shanice, and she knows me. We barely talked three times. This seems easier to execute than have Veronica submit an appeal for her expulsion, which might happen if I don't 'sort it out' with Shanice.