Chapter 28

A week later

Dominic outdid himself.

"Oh my God," I say as I enter the huge villa, with probably more rooms than our houses combined.

We are pretty early, the party starts at 10 pm but we had to bring more alcohol and snacks.

The living room could look like a nightclub, Dominic bought led party lights and he did a test with us beforehand. It looks sick.

Nicole and I walk to the kitchen to stock the cupboards with snacks and the dozens of bottles of gin, vodka, liquor, and beer.

In approximately two hours, the year will be 2022.

And soon we will go back to studying for college, but I don't want to focus on that for now.

I came here to have fun.

Irène will arrive shortly. Since it's Shanice's new house—which I see for the first time—she is already here and cleaning up the rooms.

"Do you like it?" Dom asks as I take another look at the poorly lit living room, he removed the chairs and the table for people who want to dance.

There are two couches and a big TV, plus if anyone needs chairs or any place to sit down there is the dining room and the kitchen.

"I love it!" I exclaim.

He smirks. "I also brought a little bit of weed, but it's not for you," he confesses and I raise my eyebrows. I haven't had weed in so long, it's been ages. I was more in love with cocaine.

Dominic opens his backpack and takes out several well-rolled joints and puts them on the kitchen counter.

"A bit? This is literally too much," Nicole says and I nod. It's a lot, probably too much. We could get in trouble.

Let's hope no one calls the police, luckily the yard is immense and secluded. Even if people fight, no one will hear it.

There is a swimming pool but it's covered and we won't use it since it's almost January.

They must be coming anytime now, it's 10 pm and Dom's friends and friends of friends are eager to drink so much they are already out by midnight.

He takes out the big Bluetooth speaker and I widen my eyes. It's bigger than the old one. I guess no one will talk much tonight.

"Please, just put on good music," I say, remembering the atrocities they usually play at frat parties.

"The best remixes," he says as he connects the Bluetooth speaker to his laptop, people will be partying until 6 am.

Shanice walks into the living room already dressed up, her curly hair braided on top and tied into a high bun and heavy makeup, paired with a long velvet red dress with sleeves. Her big heels click on the floor and she is slightly taller than Dominic.

"You went all out, huh," Dom says in admiration as he takes her hand and she does a spin.

She looks so elegant, and long dresses look best on her tall figure.