Part 6. Peace Attempts

It's been a few days since Skaikru let us go. Lincoln and I found out that now they have guns, so if Lexa decided that war is the only solution, they just evened out the battle field.

I've been hunting all day by myself so I decide to go home.

Im a few feet away but I see Lincoln outside but he's not alone, Octavias with him as well. Suddenly a shadow jumps out of the trees and in front of both Lincoln and Octavia. I run over and get ahold of the person, I put my knife to the persons throat but I don't go any further until I know who it is.

Octavia sees me and it looks like she identifies the person as she begs me to let him go "Wait, Wait, he's my friend" Lincoln gives me an affirmative nod that it's ok and we all go inside.

Once we're in front of the fire in our cave, I realize it's Finn. The boy I had stabbed a few days ago.

"So what the hell are you doing here?" Octavia asks Finn. He answers her but no too loud, I guess he's still afraid of the woods because of me "I could ask you the same thing. I could also ask, how long have you known that they speak English" He looks directly at me but then at Octavia who was looking down "but I won't."

He takes Lincoln's foghorn from the table. "You blew this when they were hunting us." He looks at Lincoln and he nods. I didn't know Lincoln had done that, as far as I knew, helping Octavia was the only time he had helped Skaikru.

"You saved our lives, I have to believe there's more like you" Finn says as he looks at me. He probably thinks I helped protect them, but I didn't, if it was up to me I would've already killed everyone on that drop ship, but I did feel bad for this boy, he seemed like he genuinely wanted peace.

"I stabbed you" I answered trying to figure out why he wanted to help.

"-And we tortured you" he said while looking at my wounds. Technically he didn't do anything but he was right, his people had tortured both Lincoln and I in ways I hadn't even know possible. "If the 3 of us can get along then maybe there's hope. Learn from history instead of repeat it right" I could tell Lincoln was listening, debating what he was going to say next. Finn was right though, in the past, we had fought so many wars that could've been avoided by just speaking up.

Octavia seems to think like me and asks "and how are we going to do that?"

Finn answers her "For starters, no more killing" I roll my eyes at him because it's obvious  that's what we all want, Lincoln sees me and gives me one of those looks to relax and he proceeds to say "We don't have the power to call a truce." I knew that technically I did, but if I showed my face in some clans, my head would immediately be cut off by their ambassadors.

"Then bring me to someone who does" Finn
says. I can't let Skaikru meet Lexa because if someone lets her know about me, I don't know what will happen, obviously lincoln knows that and he just scoffs. Finn noticed and keeps trying to convince Lincoln "Listen, the rest of our people are coming down here, the first ship lands in two days"

"It's true" Octavia says trying to convince Lincoln as well.

Finn gives us more reasons as of why to try and keep peace. He's starting to make sense, he says that trained guards will come because of the attacks, and they have guns as well. I know that if we're not at peace, we're all dead.

"All right, I'll bring my leader and you bring yours" Lincoln says. I'm not sure who he's talking about but it better not be Lexa, he knows better than that.

Octavia thinks for a minute and then says "What, Bellamy? He'll never go for this" she's right but I also understand who the boys are talking about. " No, not your brother" I explain to her and then look at Finn hoping he knows who I'm talking about. Seems he does because the next name that escapes his mouth is the exact one I was looking for, "Clarke" he says. He nods in agreement so then him and Octavia leave.
————————————
"So who do you have in mind" I ask Lincoln hoping he doesn't say Lexa.

"Anya" Lincoln says as he prepares some supplies. Anya's as bad as Lexa. Lexa was her second when we were young, sometimes I would train with her as well, if anyone would recognize me, it would be her, no matter how much I've grown.

"What! No, you can't do that Lincoln, Anya will get Lexa the second she sees me." I tell Lincoln worried. "I know, and that's why your not going" he tells me, not as an offer but as a demand. "Lincoln please, the only time I ever go out is to hunt, I want to see new people"
"No, do you hear me, and if you don't agree, I'll chain you down if I have to" he says with his voice getting even louder. I know that he won't do that, but I play it safe and just agree with him. "I'm leaving now ok, it's a long way to the village and then the bridge" he takes some food with him but no weapons so I hand him a small blade and he pushes it away. "We said no weapons" he explains as he turns away to leave. "But it's not safe!" I call after him. He turns back to me and gives me a small kiss on the forehead letting me know he'll be fine. "Stay safe" Lincoln calls as he leaves the cave.

I obviously have no intentions of staying here, so I get my bow and arrow and a sword.  I wait a few minutes before going out.

I make sure that Lincoln's gone but I notice someone's coming my way. I quickly get out of the cave and hide behind some bushes. There's 3 people, I notice that it's Bellamy with 2 other teens. I recognize the girl as the same one who had electrocuted me and Lincoln. Then there was another boy, he was scrawny, I hadn't seen him before, wavy hair, he looked scared.

I know this isn't the best idea but I do it anyway. I jump out of the bushes I'm hiding in and reveal myself in the open so they can see me.  They aim their guns at me but it seems that Bellamy orders them to set them down.

"Where you going?" I ask

The scrawny boy answers me "Our friends have a meeting, we're just going as some backup" he looks pretty cheerful when he looks at me but I see Bellamy shoots him a warning look.

"Finn and Clarke huh, I'm going to" I tell them, Bellamy and the girl don't seem very amused with my comment so the girl tells me "we don't need your help thank you very much, Clarke left us a trail to follow" I notice some jobi nuts on the ground, I assume thats the 'trail' she was talking about so I pick up the nuts and throw them far away and say, "No she didn't, come on I know these woods better than anyone and I know where the meeting spot is, do you?" Bellamy takes a deep breath and I can tell he's debating wether to trust me or not.

"Lead the way princess" he says to me. This man makes my blood boil, especially now that he gives me a nickname as if I had forgotten what he had done to me and Lincoln. But I put all of that aside and start walking, I can feel the 3 following me as well so I grip onto my sword even tighter.