Part 69. Sic Semper Tyrannis

"Your body is currently passed out, looks like your mind retreated to a place of comfort, I'm honored." I opened my eyes and realized I was sitting on a chair right in front of Lexa walking around me in circles.

"Yeah I got that, so I have to wake up, figure out what the hell is happening out there." I said as I stood up and closed my eyes, trying to block everything out and wake up in the real world.

I felt a hard blow against my rib cage causing me to immediately open my eyes and stumble back onto the chair.

"What the hell?!"

"You and I need to talk." Lexa said as she leaned on both arm rests of my chair and looked down on me.

"You're pissed because of Clarke." I realized. I let myself relax into the chair and crossed my legs, Lexa still towering over me.

"Yeah. I am. You promised me you would protect her and now you're The one who's going to kill her." She said infuriated  as she got closer to me.

"We'll I'm not really killing her if I'm not the one to pull the trigger am I?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

Lexa slammed the armrest but I didn't jump, "You're still killing her!" She stepped away from me and across the long wooden table and then sat in her throne. She spun to tip of her blade against the armrest before looking at me once again, "All you have to do is lift the damn order."

I scoffed, "Funny, that's what I begged you to do for Lincoln."

"And I did."

"Well it was too late." I reminded her, "Listen, I know you care for her, but if I may remind you, you're technically dead, so your opinion doesn't really matter to me."

"This isn't you Bel, the commanders have been controlling you for far too long now, my sister would do anything to save Clarke, only because I asked her too, what happened to her." Lexa asked, her voice was calm but I could still hear her begin for Clarke's safety.

"She grew up, apparently everyone was right, love is weakness Lexa, and if Wonkru is going to stay United, Octavia and I need to make an example of Clarke." I responded, my voice cold and emotionless, like any other commander before me.

"I swear Bela, if you kill Clarke I will-" Lexa fell on the ground and I stood up in shock.

"We'll she was getting a tad annoying wasn't she?" The scarred man spoke as he revealed himself. I hadn't seen him in 2 years now and I thought I'd won, "Miss me?"

I slowly backed up, one step after the other, if there's one thing I feared, it's sheidheda, "What do you want?"

"We'll, these last few years you've been doing so well, your people for you, the get on their knees for you, there wasn't a need for me to come out. Now, somethings different, you need to remember who's in charge here." He stepped closer to me with every word and I stepped back, I tried to step back once again but my back hit a wall, "You May share the throne with a red blooded girl, but you are who the clans truly serve. You remember that, and when you wake up, you kill whoever it was that thought they could keep you locked up like an animal."

He stopped talking and his face was merely inches away from me, I gulped at his last words and slightly nodded, I closed my eyes and focused on the real world, I need to get out of here.

I opened my eyes and jumped up, didn't even get to recognize my surroundings when I saw Indra running towards me, she sat on her knees as I sat on the bench. She looked at me and stroked my hair softly as she tried to calm me down, "Ai had don waibak, heda( I had a dream. Commanders)

"Yu ste klir, yu ste klir nowe (you're safe, you are safe now.)" she assured me.

I looked around and saw Madi hugging Clarke and Bellamy in a corner.