Part 77. The children of Gabriel

We all sort of just stood there as we looked at each other, Abby continued to tend to Murphy and I stood between Bellamy and Octavia, both looking around trying to figure out what to do next. Not long after, more people came, adults. The ones in front seemed to be guards or some sort of security guard.

"Remember, we're in their home. Everyone keep calm" Bellamy walked past the children and joined Clarke at the front.

"Rose! Get away from them!" A woman yelled from the crowd approaching them.

The guards ran over to the little girl next to us and pulled her away.

Soon, there was chattering and the guards getting closer and closer to us.

"It's ok, we come in peace, we're from earth." Clarke explained hickory as all the kids went to who I'm guessing are their parents.

"Kaylee, where have you been, where's your family?" A woman approached the lady we had taken.

"They killed them." Kaylee looked over to us.

"That's not good" Jordan pointed out from behind us.

We all turned around when we heard Murphy gasping for air, "No, not now! Not now, hey hey," Abby tried her best to keep him calm as Murphy gasped for air and squirmed on the ground but seemed still unconscious.

"Help him please." Clarke begged to the people who had just joined us.

Clarke and her mother continued trying to save Murphy's life, "Let me pasas." A mans voice said from the crowd.

Immediately, a royal looking man with guard on each side of him was walking through, "move them back." He ordered.

We were all pushed back by the guards while some of us struggled, "What are you doing he's dying." I complained.

"Do you want my help or not." The man snapped at me. I kept silent as he got closer to Murphy.

He lifted Murphy's shirt and his entire body was pale with dark veins running through it, like cracks in the ground, he didn't seem to be breathing either, as if he was dead.

"He's already dead."

I saw Bellamys expression change, I gulped trying to comprehend what was happening, and how quickly it was occurring.

"But don't worry, death is not the end. Cillian." Another man walked forwards with a bag in his hand.

He got on his knees next to Murphy and pulled out a bucket that held a large orange snack, that he also pulled out. I looked at the animal in shock, I wanted to be patient and not come to conclusions so quickly, but I have so many questions.

"We call it kapasha, it means hideous snake in Chinese." The older man explained.

My attention redirected to the snake, Cillian held it to Murphy's stomach and as the snake opened its mouth, it revealed dozens of sharp teeth and an equally sharp tongue.

"Oh my god." Clarke exclaimed in shock.

"Trust me I know." Cillian agreed as in if he'd done things a thousand times before, "But the venom degrades too quickly to deliver it in any other form."

As the snakes tongue touched Murphy's skin, the venom seemed to be leaving his body, the veins were rapidly disappearing.

"It's working." Clarke said hopefully.

"Amazing, isn't it. It's curative properties were discovered during one of the earliest red suns. Poison made the demon Gabriel believe he could walk on water." The man raised his voice as he began talking to his people more than us, "Kepa she bit him, and the toxin from the seaweed had no effect."