Part 12. The Ark

"Thank you" I say to Anya while catching my breath and resting on the rock.

She stays silent and doesn't even look at me.

"You think Clarke's going to come down?" I ask, trying to see if I can get her to talk but if course, not a single word

"Anya say something" I plead to her and force her to look at me. "I'm sorry ok, your right, I am a traitor, I am a coward, but I couldn't kill her" I finally say acknowledging why she doesn't talk to me.

"Lexa cried for you, she searched for you, she asked for you, every day for years until she finally gave up, your an embarrassment to Trikru" Anya answers harshly.

I look down and imagine what my little sister had to go through. She was so young to become a commander and yet she had to do it alone. I left her.

Before I can see anything, Anya and I see Clarke fall into the water. I guess she jumped after all.

Anya stands up immediately and starts going after her leaving some supplies behind. I stay to gather everything and later I go after her.

                    ————————————
"Anya what the hell did you do!" I ask Anya alarmed. Clarke had blood rushing from her forehead and she was tied up and passed out.

"She killed 300 of my people, you really think I'm letting her go" Anya answers me as she starts to help Clarke stand up. "Help me get her  back to Polis and I'll make sure your accepted" she adds trying to convince me.

I didn't really care where I ended up as long as I survived. Whatever happens today happens, "Deal" I help her pick up Clarke whose eyes are closed and full of dirt.

"If you try anything, I'll kill you" Anya warns me.

"You can try" I assure Anya as I start trying to wake up Clarke.

After a few minutes, Clarke finally wakes up,, confused and dazed when she finally looks at me from the side.

"Bela? You too?" She asks me shocked. I don't say anything but just look at her and give her a wink assuring her that she'll be fine. I can see that I bring her some comfort as she lets out a deep breath.

"Anya you don't have to do this" she says to Anya pleading for her freedom.

"Yes I do, I can't return empty handed" Anya says while she drags Clarke from the rope.

"So let's work together, let's not be enemies" Clarke recommends. Anya comes to a stop and so do Clarke and I.

"And unite with someone as weak as you? I have what I need" Anya starts walking again but Clarke pulls her back.

"Hey, we both want the same thing" Clarke says convincingly. I can see that Anya's considering it. If Anya agrees to a truce, Lexa would most likely listen to her.

I notice something green on Anya's jacket. It's some sort of laser, mountain men.

"Get down" I whisper as I bring them both to the ground with me. Barely a second after my warning, a small dart hits the tree that was right behind us.

"They found us" I tell the girls as I look around and see multiple men in hazmats suits looking around the forest.

"Run" Anya says nervously. Before thinking it twice, we're all running away from the Mountain men.

We run for a while but I make sure to watch my step until we finally lose them. We start to slow down and walk down a small hill.

"Quiet" Anya snaps to Clarke who kept snapping branches with every step she took "you can't even walk in the woods" Anya adds. She was right about that.