Part 75. Samctum ll

Making our way through the fence there was this colorful field in front of us, healthy prosperous. We made a small grave for Shaw after burying his body, and now I'm dreading the part where we have to tell Raven.

"What kind of people have a radiation fence?" I asked trying to Ake my mind off of his death.

"The kind of people who want to keep something out." Clarke answered. Well yeah no shit, but who are they? I decided to not talk anymore though, we were all pretty on edge, plus, Murphy's the one who takes care of the unnecessary rude commentary.

"Beacon should be right up ahead" Bellamy let all of us know.

We continued walking and no one said anything, not until echo decided the silence es too awkward, "What are we going to tell Raven?"

"He died a hero." Bellamy simplified his answer.

"Look, I do hate to make this about us but-" Murphy wasn't able to finish due to Clarke's interruption, "Then don't. Shaw just saved your life Murphy.

"I'm sorry to break it to you, but the dead are gone Clarke. The living are hungry." Clarke's face fell and she stayed silent, I remember that's one of the things one of the commanders told me in my head constantly, my favorite commander, "We're the living, just in case you haven't noticed."

"I agree completely. See I'm aware that Shaw just saved my life, but I'm also aware that we just lost our pilot." Everyone ignored him, "Madi's still up there, you're not worried you're never going to see her again?"

That seemed to be enough to put clarke on edge, she turned around and pushed Murphy causing him to slightly stumble back on his feet.

Miller immediately intervened and kept Clarke away from Murphy as he looked at Clarke with a smug smirk, "Ignore him." Miller told her.

"You know your red Queen is still up there too Miller. Who you going to follow now?" Murphy said, Miller tried to keep his cool, and he was doing great until Murphy opened his mouth again, "Or what, you got enough with your little commander down here?"

Miller grabbed Murphy by his jacket and got ready to beat him up, "Hey hey Miller stop!" Bellamy called out but he didn't stop.

I walked over and put a hand on Miller to try and pull him back, "Hey it's ok, stand down. We still got Emori as a pilot." I gave him a warm smile as he listened and backed down, walking as far from Murphy as possible.

"Sure. Yeah. I've had one successful landing in a ship I trained in for 6 years. So no problem." Emori agreed sarcastically.

I stayed in the back of the group with Murphy, clearly, I wasn't as forgiven as I thought I was, "Really?" I whispered.

"It doesn't matter if I like you or not Bel, you're still a commander, and I don't really-"

"Was, a commander." I corrected.

"Either way, people still listen to you, take Miller for example. I'm sure the people up there will too." He whispered to me as he pointed up in the sky.

"So you're pissed at me because people listen to me?" I asked him with a confused tone.

"No, I'm pissed because of the reasons they listen to you, yeah I heard some stories and that was enough to change the entire way I see you, the 'good grounder' thing was just an act." He said with a pretty bland tone.

With Murphy I never know where I stand, he says one thing but the way he says them hold a whole other meaning.

"No, it was an effort."

"We'll clearly it failed." He whispered back.

"Ok listen, we've all done bad-"

"Guys look! Stairs." Emori exclaimed from the front. We all ran up and as we went up the few stairs, it was a whole civilization.