Part 50. Hostage

I woke up on a horse, in feminine arms, I saw the polis tower a bit in front of us. I turned around to see echo.

"Oh great you're awake." Echo said annoyed as she continued to lead the horse. I tried to move my hands but I was tied up.

"Why and where are you taking me?" I asked her.

"King Roan asked for you." Echo answered dryly.

"And of course, like a good little spy you do as you're told right?" I snarked.

"I preferred you when you were knocked out." Echo smiled sarcastically.

"Tell me what roan wants with me or I'll slit your throat the second I'm free." I threatened her.

"I'm sure you will. You natblidas are pretty violent aren't you?" Echo said.

"Yeah, it runs in the blood." I joked.

"We're here." Echo said as she jumped off the horse.

"Yeah I know where I am, I was raised here." I reminded her as I waited for help to get off the horse.

Echo helped me off and led me into the tower.

We got into the lift and once we got up, roan was waiting, sitting on the throne my sister once sat on, dozens of guards surrounding us.

"What, to scared to speak to me alone?" I challenged him.

"Ban ou!(get out)" Roan ordered.

The entire room was empty in a second, but I was still tied up.

"I could kill you right now if I wanted to." I told him.

"Then why haven't you?" Roan asked me pretty calm.

"I'm kind of curious of why I'm here." I answered.

"With the flame gone, my rule has been questioned by the clans, you're the only nightblood i have in my possession, they'll value that. Your here, merely to keep peace." Roan explained.

"Peace? We were fine before, what happened?" I asked him intrigued.

"Don't worry about it." Roan said gruffly.

"I am going to worry about it, the world is ending I'd like to know what wars were fighting." I argued.

Roan walked up to me with a blade, he cut my ropes off, "See this as an act of... temporary peace. I'll keep you here in the tower, you'll be treated well until I can ensure the clans loyalty."

I thought about it and he was right, with the flame 'gone' he was weak, and that's not good for anyone, "as long as I get a decent bed I'll be fine."

Roan led me to my room, my sisters room. We stood in front of the door and he opened it for me.

"Ok here's the wardrobe, pretty sure you and your little sis were the same size, bathrooms down-" roan began to give me a tour.

"I know this place better than anyone alive." I said.

"Right, well then, stay put and we won't have any problems curly." He said pointing out the curls in my hair.

"No worries rat face, I'll be here all day." I returned the comment.

He gave me a fake smile as he walked out.

I looked around the room, everything all too familiar.

I traced my fingers on the bed, soft, clean.

I walked over to the wardrobe and saw my sisters clothes right there. The first thing you see in front was her armor.

I held the red strand of cloth close to me as I tried to bring back the scent of my sister but It'd been to long.