Part 62. Don't let go

A YEAR IN THE BUNKER

"You're revealing almost every one of your moves Ethan, she's going to beat your ass." Octavia called out as we watched Nadia and Ethan train.

"6 year old sparring, that's not weird at all." Octavia spoke with me, we decided we'd sit in for training today.

"I was younger when I started." I told her. I looked up and saw Nadia dodge a hit from Ethan and take his arm, she kicked his leg causing him to fall on the ground and she smiled to her self proudly.

"Good job N." I called out to her. "My daddy taught me that move." She shouted back pretty happily.

"Whats wrong?" Octavia asked noticing my face change.

"She's been asking about Roan all year, I don't think she quite understands what happened, and im not sure how to explain it to her." I told Octavia.

"Ethans going through the same thing, first his real father and then Jaha, it's to much for a kid." She continued.

"Agreed."

Niylah came in with water cups on a tray, "Ok kids come on, you need water to stay strong." She said, all of the wonkru novitiate said ran over to her except Nadia and Ethan, they kept sparring.

A sharp pain came over my head and I grabbed my head trying to ease the pain, I groaned in pain as I went weak in the knees.

"Hey are you ok?" Octavia asked as she crouched with me.

"It's fighting, you know the drill." I told her between groans.

Octavia led me to my room and Indra was already there with the cuffs.

"Is she ok?" Indra asked worried.

"I will be once you cuff me and I take care of this." I say as I walk over to the cuffs.

Indra cuffs me around a metal pole and keeps the key. Indra and Octavia sit on the bed patiently waiting for me to close my eyes.

"Remember, don't—"

"Uncuff you unless you're ready, we know." Octavia finished.

After a few seconds I woke up in a mind space and saw Malachi sitting in his throne, he was only getting stronger, but so was I.

"Give it up Malachi, you can't control me, you're not getting out." I told him as I kept my distance.

"I don't need to, you just have to understand, for you to survive you must be ruthless, like the day you opened the doors for the farm, I can help you lead these people, make them fear you." Malachi tried to convince me.

"We've had this talk a thousand times, now stop trying to get out and giving me headaches, it's really annoying." I said, trying to focus on my present state, to wake up.

Malachi walked over to me and clearly I was scared but I couldn't show it.

"You're weak, you can't be merciful, you must be strong, show our people who's really in charge." He said inches away from me.

"They've had enough with the fighting pits. I'm not making their lives worse." I said firmly.

"Then I will." He said as he punched me in the face and kicked me in the stomach. I tumbled backwards but I quickly regained my balanced and prepared to fight him.

He swung at me but missed me, almost like he meant for that to happen because he already swooped my leg from under me and had me on the ground. He's fast, witty, I can't beat him to easily. He picked me up and pressed me against the table while choking me, I gasped for air trying to breathe I kicked and did everything possible but it didn't work. "Your by far the best challenge I've had in here in decades, unfortunately for you, it's time for me to rule."