Part 68. How we get to peace

When we walked through the door I saw the screen changed and everyone in the room immediately turned to face us.

"The spy did her job?" Octavia asked, trying to make sure we were right.

I saw Bellamy shoot Monty a nervous look before he stepped infront of his friends, "Uh we were just about to send for you." He stood right in front of Octavia and I, "Told you echo would get it done."

"Can the enemy still see us?" I asked ignoring his stupid remark about echo.

"For now yes, it's technical, but-" Monty was interrupted by cooper.

"He has to run a loop to mask our troop movements. When the time comes we need to clear the surface to reduce the risk of anyone noticing the same people moving in the same direction again and again." Cooper explained from behind me.

The smallest of smiles appeared on my face as I locked eyes with Monty, "Well done Monty." He gave me a sad smile before looking away.

Octavia and I immediately turned around, the moment we were waiting for us finally here.

"Load the worms into the rover and mobilize the army." I ordered Miller and cooper, they both nodded in agreement.

"War is here."

——————————————

"We know that there are 3 entry points to the valley. While cooper, Madi, Blodreina, and I, soften the battlefield, Miller will lead the first battalion through the southern tributary." I said. We stood in the office, ambassadors and warriors alike around the table as we planned for battle.

"First?" Miller asked. I looked up at him, "you have a problem with that?" I asked him.

"No, but the first battalion is indras." He said as he looked at her.

"Not anymore." I told him. Lately something about Indra has been bothering, as much as I live her, I'm not so sure how much I can trust her.

"It's fine Nathan. You're prepared." Indra encouraged him.

"Alright, Madi, come here by me and Octavia." I said to the girl. She walked over and stood between Octavia and I.

"Cooper, the floor is yours." I told her once I finished explaining what must be said.

"Worms are thermoreceptors. That means they sense body heat. With Nadia knowledge of the woods, we'll get as close to the village as we can," I saw Octavia put her arm around madi as Cooper brought up her name, "And release them here, here, and here." Cooper finished as she pointed off to 3 different pinpoints on the map on the table.

"Thank you, meeting dismissed, finish your training, be prepared, because tonight, we fight." I said before walking out of the room with Octavia and Madi by my side.

"Madi, it's come to my understanding that you and my daughter have gotten to know each other." I told her as we walked down the corridors.

"Yeah, she's pretty fun." Madi said, her previous resting face immediately turned into a smile as she heard about my daughter.

"You also know we're going to war tonight correct." I said as I continued walking.

I could see her nod from the corner of my eye, "Listen, in war, the objective is to win, to save our people, so you can't let—"

"Love is weakness, I know, I've heard it a few times around here, but it's not, Heda. It's what keeps us alive, what make us want to fight for our people." Madi interrupted me.

I looked at Octavia over Madis head, smart kid.

"That's what Clarke said to my sister, Lexa believed her and look where that got her." I said as I kept my gaze forward.