Part 24. Ressurection

I looked to my surroundings. Horses burning live, people holding there loved ones as they accepted their death, pieces of ruble everywhere.

The myths were true, a missile was horrible. I couldn't help but accept the fact that Lincoln was most likely dead. After everything's my that had happened, what he'd been through, he died like this.

"Bela, Bela!" Lexa exclaimed getting my attention. I turned to look at her pulling on my arm.

"We have to go get Clarke, now." She did as she tugged me forward leading the way.

Clarke was standing there, staring at the horrible scenery.

"Clarke!" Lexa called after her.

Clarke slowly turned around at the sound if my sisters voice.

"I could've warned them, I could've saved them." Clarke said with tears in her eyes.  I could see the regret she felt.

"If they see us, they'll strike again." Lexa responded.

Clarke began to look back one again but Lexa grabbed her face and pulled it back towards her.

"Victory stands on the back of sacrifice, you know that." Lexa said trying to convince Clarke to do the smart thing, but was it the right thing to do.

Clarke's face twisted from sadness and regret, to anger and revenge, "I want the Mountain men dead, all of them."

Lexa nodded in agreement as we began to walk away from the village full of tears and pain.

As we walked we heard gunshots. We'd walked far away from eye sight but we were still able to hear the shots being fired.

"The spotter." Clarke explained. There must've been something they both knew that I didn't, but now wasn't the time to ask any questions.

"He aimed the missile, he's alone." Clarke added exasperated as she sped up, searching for someone.

"Clarke slow down, if there's a spotter here, he's here to make sure we're dead." Lexa said as she caught up to Clarke. "If he tells the mountains were alive-" she was cut off by Clarke.

"He won't" Clarke said convinced nothing bad would happen to them.

"How could you be sure?" My sister asked.

More shots were heard in the distance, they were killing them off, one by one. If they didn't die in the explosion, they would die with a bullet through their bodies, my brother would die with a bullet through his head.

"Because im going to kill him." I said as walked in front of them.

Blood must have blood.

————————————

We kept walking for a while, we had covered a lot of ground and the sun would begin coming up soon.

"With the sun coming coming up, we won't have the darkness to hide us." Lexa affirmed.

"Neither will he." I answered.

Right after that, another gunshot was hard, meaning, another person dead, maybe my brother, if he wasn't already.

"You need to focus, both of you, we do what we must to survive. The enemy does the same. It's not personal." Lexa explained.

"It is to me" I answered.

"You think that killing the shooter will make you feel better, but it won't." My sister added.

"I know that, but it will stop my friends from dying off one by one." I said as I kept walking.