Part 51. Tinder Box

I woke up on a horse, again but this time when I turned around I only saw roan, but not just him, at least a thousand Azgeda warriors followed behind him on horses. Weapons sharp, arrows, spears, hammers, axes anything, war drums were filling the still sound and I saw Bellamy and Kane were tied up being dragged by one of the warriors.

I tried to jump off my horse but roan tightened his grip on me, "You leave and I kill them both, starting with freckles."

I looked at him but said nothing. Echo was riding next to us and I tried to figure something out, but everything ended up with me or Bellamy dead. Plus, I was tied up, hostage me didn't have many chances against 1000 warriors.

"Roan, you're killing the only chance we have at survival." I tried to reason with him.

"Their ship will grant them safety, I had to find out about that on my own, they're not planning on sharing." Roan explained, that somewhat explained why he was angry but I didn't care. "Oh how rude, they didn't share a plan that would save their people with the man that would kill them, you're sort of proving their point by the way." I said sarcastically.

"We'll now I'm saving my people." Roan said as he kept his eyes on the path.

"How about you save all people and let them live." I reasoned.

"All I need is for my people to survive." Roan said.

I sighed as I turned back around. I didn't know what to do, and if I don't figure something out everyone's dead without Octavia's warning.

As we reached a pile of rocks Roan raised his left fist in the air forcing his people to a halt. I squinted my eyes to the figure standing before us, Clarke. If anyone could save us all, it was Clarke.

"They knew we were coming, they were warned." Roan said in trig, shocked. He almost seemed as if he was blaming Echo. Maybe Octavia wasn't dead, or else who could've warned them.

"There's no way Octavia survived my blade.... or that fall." Echo responded in trig nervously.

"Or.... She's stronger than you thought, you failed-" I looked at echo, "and you should give blondie a chance to calm you down" I looked to roan sitting right behind me.

Roan looked down on me and then to Clarke.

"We need to talk." Clarke exclaimed from far away.

"Little late for that." Roan said.

"Archers! Target wanheda." Roan ordered.

I quickly turned back to him, I couldn't let him kill her.

"Easy big guy, you kill her they kill you." I said as I pointed out the green lasers on his chest, they were coming from above us. I looked up and there they were some guards targeting roan.

I smiled at him as I realized Clarke's plan might work, "How about you don't turn this into a bloodbath and go talk to her."

Roan seemed frustrated with the situation as he began to get off his horse.

"It could be a trap." Echo called after him.

"If it's a trap we're already in it." Roan answered before walking away and following her, "and, you're in charge of Bela, she doesn't go free."

Echo nodded and then looked at me, "I don't need a babysitter." I said.

"Considered what you've done in the past, I think you do." Echo spat out, she's done her share of bad things, I don't know why she was so hell bent on making my life a living hell.

"Want to to tell me what I did to make you hate me even more than you should?" I asked annoyed.

"I've Nation warrior, 14 years ago. Begging for food before the commander." Echo began.