Part 23. Rubicon

Octavia and Indra had left with a bunch of people, Skaikru and Trikru, they would meet in Tondc for a meeting but I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do.

As I walked down the halls I heard some vague yelling coming from the engineering room.

"-and we only have 2 tone generators!" Clarke yelled at Raven, just like this afternoon.

As I stepped in, they both turned to look at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked concerned, obviously this wasn't good.

"Im preparing for a meeting with your sister in Tondc while she clefts me to have a plan, but meanwhile, our Mechanic has only made 2 tone generators" Clarke responded frustrated.

"Oh im sorry Clarke but just for your information, Tone generators don't grow on trees! We're scrapping for parts" Raven defended.

"Ok ok, guys we'll be ok. Everything's going to work out." I said calmly trying to get them both to relax.

"Ark station, this is Bellamy Blake speaking can you hear me" the radio sounded. All our eyes immediately shifts to the radio.

Clarke was the first one to pick up the radio."Bellamy your late, every 3 hours, means every 3 hours." Clarke scolded.

"Are you through" Bellamy snarked.

"Have you found the source of the acid fog?" Clarke proceeded.

"No. It's going to have to wait." Great, now I know where Clarke's frustration was coming from.

"What! No nothing is more important than that" Clarke alarmed.

"Our friends are, they started taking them from the dorm, one at a time, every few hours." Bellamy explained.

"Taking them where?" Raven asked, gaining as much information as possible.

"I don't know, we tried to follow them, they went to a classified level." Bellamy added.

Bellamy started speaking about vents and some other stuff i didn't quite understand. I felt so stupid that I couldn't help.

"We need to make a mobile radio, so he can talk to us anywhere." Clarke explained before walking out of the room.

"Wait I thought you were going to Tondc?" I asked her. She didn't even turn to acknowledge me.

"Bela?" Bellamy asked over the radio.

"Yea, I'm here" I answered.

"Are you ok? Octavia?" He asked hopefully.

"Yea we're both fine, are you?" I reassured him.

"Yea yea, I am, can you do me a favor?" Bellamy said rapidly, obviously short on time.

"Yea anything." I offered.

"Keep Octavia safe, keep her at camp." Bellamy asked.

Shit. Octavia was already at Tondc, I looked at Raven worried but got back to Bellamy. "No worried, I'll keep her here."

"Thank you, I owe you." Bellamy said after letting out a sigh of relief. Raven turned off the radio and looked at me.

"Why are you lying to him?" Raven asked.

"He has enough to worry about. Plus, I didn't lie, I'll keep her safe." I smiled.

"Bela! Your going to Tondc with Kane, he's going in my place and I trust you to guide him." Clarke ordered as she came in.

I decided not to ask any questions and just nod in agreement.

I went to find Kane only to see him already outside with a horse.