Part 20. Inside Man

Everyone was outside while Skaikru was in the cellar, most likely figuring out how to get out of this situation, and of course who had to help, me.

"Lexa, they're innocent, let me speak for them"

"Bel, whose side are you on?" Lexa answered as she turned around to look at me with an exasperated expression.

"Yours, always, but let's think this through-" I was cut off by Indras voice interrupting our conversation.

"What are we to do Heda?" Indra spoke respectfully.

Lexa gave me a look that I couldn't quite read, then to Indra, and walked away. We both walked as she left the conversation without a single word.

"I guess she still hasn't decided" I said as I turned to Indra.

"We'll I have, I'm itching to kill them all" Indra said coldly. I could tell she wasn't kidding.

"Indra, there not all bad, they're doing the same thing we are and we're making it harder for them" I defended.

"And what might that be?" Indra challenged.

"Surviving, they're just trying to survive Indra"

She scoffed as she turned around in annoyance.

"You're my mentor, the person I look the most up to. You once told me, a warrior knows when to kill and when not to" I said convincingly as I shifted my body to stand in front of her.

"Exactly, this is one of those moments" she got closer to me and pulled me in by the arm, "Bela don't you see, they attempted to kill your own sister, at least pretend to care"

I pulled away aggressively, sort of taken away by her words, "I do care, and that's why I want the true murderer to be punished, not some innocent person who was framed"

Before Indra could speak, Lexa came back, and this time with 2 Nyko and Gustus behind her.

"Raven will pay for her crimes with her life, taken she is the one with the homicidal attempt against me" she explained, I didn't know what to do, I just knew I had to do something.

"It was me!" I rapidly exclaimed.

I could see the shocked faces of everyone, Lexa's more so betrayed than shocked.

"It was me"

"Why?" Lexa asked, I could see the feeling of betrayal in her eyes, I knew what awaited me, but I promised to help, and I keep my promises.

"I didn't try to kill you, I tried to kill the alliance, Lexa you told me to do my job and protect you, that's what I'm doing" I defended myself.

"By attempting to poison me? What if I had taken a drink, what would have happened then?" Lexa remarked.

"I wouldn't let you drink it, I just needed you to believe that Raven did it so that the alliance would be broken" I took a few steps closer to her "Lexa this alliance could kill you"

She looked at me with regret in her eyes, almost apologetic, I didn't know why if the one who should be 'apologizing' is me.

"Take her away and string her up" she ordered her guards. I straightened up and got alert, she was going to have kill me. The guards immediately grabbed one if my arms each and attempted to pull me towards a wooden pole. I struggled and looked back to Indra pleadingly.

"Heda, please, you don't know if she's telling the truth" she immediately pleaded Lexa.

Lexa just stared as u was taken away, in a matter of seconds, the entire village was staring at me.