Part 66. Exit Wounds

Once we were back at Polis, Clarke tended to my wound in the office, it was just our kids, her, Octavia and I.

Clarke unwrapped my arm revealing a nasty cut, but it seemed to have healed pretty well.

"Gross." I heard Clarke's daughter say.

"Madi." Clarke warned her, "The infections passing, but this is gonna hurt." She picked up some alcohol and looked at me, "Are you sure you don't want Jackson?"

"Jackson's tending to Indra and the others in medbay. Just do it." I told her.

Clarke poured a bit of alcohol into a cloth and pressed it against my arm, I took a deep breath as I kept quiet through the pain, I looked at the 3 girls standing to the right of me. Madi seemed to smile at me while Nadia Ethan and Octavia looked worried.

"Madi's a big fan. She's heard every story about the novitiate from her conclave that fled and survived who saved the human race." Clarke turned to look at Octavia, "And the girl under the floor too."

Madi smiled as she looked at me wound, "You and your sister were a badass duo."

"Madi." Clarke shot her a warning look.

"It's ok, I'd like to think we still are." I answered Madi.

Clarke's posture immediately changed at my words, she looked at me excited and confused, "What, you didn't believe that all the commanders were still in the flame?" I said to her.

She stayed silent but she couldn't hide the biggest smile on her face.

"Now what's your story, you survived 6 years of radiation." Octavia pointed out with a hint of shock in her voice.

"Synthetic night blood, like me. I took her to beccas lab and shared my bone marrow to keep her alive." Clarke explained quickly.

"Your lucky Clarke found you." I said to Madi with a smile.

I could see Ethan and Nadia eager to say something, "This is my daughter Nadia, and her friend Ethan."

Madi and Nadia locked eyes as they smiled at each other, but of course, Ethan saw her as a challenge.

Clarke began wrapping my wound again gently when the door to the office opened,

"Ready to move?" Cooper asked as she walked inside.

"She needs another days rest." Clarke explained.

"She needs to be with her people, they both do." Cooper said as she walked over to the chair my jacket was lying on and picked it up.

"I'm done licking my wounds anyway. Let's go remind the others what we promised them." I said as I stood up. Cooper helped me put on my jacket and I saw Madi's admiration on her face when Octavia did the same.

"Kom folau(from the ashes)..." I extended my arm for Madi to take it and she did, "Oso na gyon op(we will rise." I finished.

I walked out with the kids and Octavia in front of me.

"Wait!" Clarke stopped me. Cooper jumped in front of me but I walked past her. Clarke reached into her pocket and pulled out a price of paper, "I found it when I went to Arkadia six years ago. Jaspers handwriting." As she gave me the letter it said my name on it.

I took the letter and gave her a slight not before walking outside.

Once we are outside the bunker all you could see when we look around is wounded, people in pain, and sorrow.

"Kids go back to our room, and stay there until I say otherwise." Octavia told them. They obeyed and ran back inside.

We continued walking, looking around, "hundreds are still refusing to come out of the bunker, afraid they'll be bombed in the streets." Cooper explained.