Part 59. The chosen

I'd sent Skaikru to the Rotunda until they could chose their survivors, not a big shocker that Skaikru was causing more problems, whatever happened we had to do it now.

I decided that essential personnel meant Raven and she wasn't here yet, I had to speak with Kane who was on the other side of the door.

"Open the door." I ordered one of the guards. "Heda, with all due respect, if I open it, they will come flooding out of the door." The guard warned me. "That's why we have guards." I said, "Now open it."

The guard opened the door and of course the Arkadians fought to get through but my guards were strong enough to keep them inside. Screaming was heard as I walked with 2 of my guards, I pushed my way through everyone until making it to the office.

I went inside and Abby turned off the radio after speaking with radio, "We need a team to get Raven don't we?" I asked.

"Yes, she's essential to survival down here." Kane answered me. "She's also a friend who won't be left to die, don't worry I'll send a team." I told him.

I barely finished speaking when Jaha walked through the office doors with Clarke and Bellamy.

"Our people are scared Marcus." Jaha began, "We need to tell them something."

"We just spoke with Raven, when she gets here we'll have all our essential personnel." Kane explained.

"How many spots does that leave us with?" Clarke asked.

"Including the essential personnel and the places we're holding for the children under 16, that leaves us with 80." Abby explained.

"80." Clarke said, I could see how torn all these people were.

"I can't believe we're talking about sending 364 of our own people to their deaths." Jaha argued.

"We're lucky their giving us any space in this bunker at all." Clarke said.

Jaha looked at me, "Please, we can't send so many of our people to die."

"I understand your pain but I can't sentence more deaths to the other clans just to spare yours." I told him.

"We're the ones that found this bunker in the first place!" Jaha yelled at me.

I kept my tone neutral and looked at him, "We were on earth first, if anything this is, and has been the grounders hole longer than yours, yet you still have spots in here. I'm not giving you anymore."

"Look, I don't like this anymore than you do." Kane said to Jaha.

"Then do something about it." Jaha said.

"That sounds like the beginning of an uprising Jaha, I've seen them start and I've seen them end, it always ends in a bloodbath. Any sort of resistance will cost you your life and every other Arkadians life." I warned him.

He gulped and stayed silent.

"Our best chance for this is to hold a lottery." Kane suggested.

"It's not going to work Marcus." Jaha told him as he leaned against the table.

"That was for the chance to survive." Jaha said.

"And how is this any different?" I asked him.

"Until 20 minutes ago our people believed they were safe, they let down their guard they picked their bunks, they unpacked their bags, they imagined their futures thanks to you. Try to rip that away from them and believe me they will fight." Jaha said directly to me, his voice filled with hatred.

"No one is saying this will be easy but you must make them listen to reason." Kane defended me.

Jaha looked at me, trying to figure out what to say next but he said nothing.