Part 57. Die all, die merily

I decided to wear less armor than everyone else, it'd be easier to win if I want to heavy on my feet. I did the same braids Lincoln once did on me and wore Lexa's war paint. I could hear Gaia speaking from outside, I sat in silence thinking about today, so many decisions I have to make.

Indra came into the room, "Here to give me a pep talk." I said. She walked in and took a seat right next to me.

"You don't have to do this, we can find someone else to fight, I could fight." Indra suggested.

"No, I have to do this, I can't lose you too Indra." I told her.

"I know what you face today, the people you will be fighting are people you care about, that makes you the weakest one there. This isn't smart." Indra explained. She's right but it's the best chance for Trikru to live.

"I know. But it's my choice." I told her.

"I will not let you go out there and get yourself killed because the affection you have for them." Indra continued more firmly.

"Yes you will. And you will do nothing to prevent that. It's an order." I demanded. Indra cleared her throat and nodded.

"We'll then, it's time." Indra said to me. We both stood up, and she looked at me. "You got this."

I smiled at her and headed out the door. When I walked out there was cheering and drums. The warriors that had already been called stepped on stage.

"Bela kom Trikru! Stepped forward." Gaia called out. I pushed my way through the crowd and walked up the stairs. I stood before Gaia, "Accept the sigue of your clan and fight with honor." She clipped the sigil on my neck and I walked to the end of the line next to Roan, he looked at me as I walked past but we said nothing.

Gaia did the same thing for the rest of the warriors until she was finally finished.

"...Conclave, a battle to the death in between the walls of Polis. These warriors will fight until only one remains, when that warrior collects all of the sigils from the fallen and delivers them to me, they, will be declared victorious, this final champion alone will tell us which clan is meant to survive in the crypt of Bekka Pramheda and which clans are meant to burn in Praimfaya." Gaia looked around before continuing to speak, "Osir koma op daun bilaik slip daun kom bleirona, ba mafta op Won bilaik hef em op mou beda.(we honor those who fall by the sword, but follow the one who wields it best." Gaia finished.

"Daun bilaik ai.(that would be me)" I recognized that voice all to well. She pushed people out of the way as she walked through the crowd, she walked up the steps towards n her gear. "I'm Luna kom flokru and I'm the last of my clan."

"We know who you are, the Natblida who ran from her conclave." Gaia challenged her.

"I'm not running from this one." Luna told her.

Gaia hesitated but she took a sigil, "Accept this sigil Luna kom Flokru, but with your clan gone who will you fight for?"

"I fight for no one," Luna turned to face the crowd, "I fight for death!"" Everyone seemed to gasp and whisper, of course they were worried. Before Luna showed up, I was most likely to win this conclave, but now I'm not sure. "When I win, no one will be saved."
Roan looked at me worried all he wanted was for his little girl to be safe, now he can't be to sure of that.
———————————-

Later the warriors trained and prepared in the worgeda. I used the sword I'd been given in my first conclave and they mother's sword, today o had to fight to win.

I practiced with different techniques but not all, I couldn't let everyone see what I had in store.

Indra walked over to me and had me face her. "Lexa's paint." She stroked a braid away from my face, "Lincoln's braids."