Part 22. Coup de Grāce

Octavia alongside Indra and some grounders had gone out looking for Clarke and the her mother. I decided to stay with Raven and see if we Bellamy had radioed.

"I really am sorry about Finn Raven" I said, trying to show her that o wasn't the enemy.

"It's fine, people die, we have twice with it" Raven responded as if she was numb to everything that had happened.

"I tried, I really tried to stop Lexa." I explained.

Raven got up and came to me face to face, "We're good Bela, i know you tried to stop your sister, and I also know that you took the blame for me in Tondc. We're good"

I smiled, she looked like what she was saying, she genuinely meant it.

"Hey how are you doing anyway, I mean your sister did try to kill you." Raven added with a more relaxed voice.

"She didn't really try to kill my, where I'm from Raven, we have very strict laws, and when they're broken, the consequence is usually death" u explained to her.

"Yikes, sounds like a deal breaker to me." Raven said dramatically.

"Well good thing you don't have to deal with it at all" I laughed.

Suddenly there was chaos coming in from the front gates. Raven looked at me alarmed and we both walked to outside to see Clarke and her people coming in with an injured man in a hazmat suit. We followed them into medical as they set the man on a bed preparing for some sort of procedure.

"Any word on Bellamy?" Clarke said as she saw us come up from behind her.

"No, not yet." I said as I looked at the man on the table.

"Then why aren't you at the radio" Clarke exclaimed as she desperately tried to fix the man.

"Octavia just took our place so why don't you back off." Raven defended.

As Jackson, another doctor that seemed to work here, began to take off the mans helmet Clarke stopped him.

"No, that's the only thing keeping him alive right now."

"Well then how am I supposed to treat the guy if I can't touch him." Jackson asked.

"I can rig up some scrubbers from the airlock." Raven said. "Give me 20 minutes" and at that, she ran off.

"I'm losing him, I need the blood now!" Abby demanded. I stayed in my place next to Clarke as I watched how the grounder died.

Indra walked over to him and cut off a piece of his hair. "Yu gonplei ste odon"

She then walked over to Clarke and looked her dead in the eye. "A killer lives as a warrior dies, this is your way?" What Indra was saying made sense. He died in vain.

"I'm sorry Indra. But he can help us beat mount weather." Clarke answered, it almost seemed like she didn't even care for the man we had just lost.

"Then let me make him talk." Indra offered, I knew what that meant, she wanted to torture him, get the information she needed, and then kill him. To be honest, it seemed like a pretty logical plan.

"No, we are not torturing him." Clarke warned.

"Clarke's right, he might just talk because we saved his life." Abby jumped into the conversation.

I leaned against the table to my right and looked at Clarke challengingly, "And if that doesn't work then what huh, you just let him free." I said.

"Then we try something different, anything but torture." Clarke said to me.

"You people are so weak" Indra scoffed and then headed for the door. I went to follow her but as I walked Clarke grabbed my arm.
"You of all people should understand why I don't want to do this Bela." Clarke said trying to convince me. I knew she was talking about the day we had first met when her and the 100 tortured Lincoln and I.