Part 8. Helping the enemy

Lincoln's asleep when I hear footsteps above the cave

Lincoln's asleep when I hear footsteps above the cave. I go out to check who's up there. It's a boy, he has black hair with bangs covering his face.

"Who are you!" He almost screams. I can tell he's scared as he points his gun at me.

"Wait! No, my names Bela, I won't hurt you, I just heard footsteps and came to see who it was." He still doesn't put the gun down, so I slowly walk closer to him.

"Stop or I'll shoot" he says, I immediately freeze "you know what I don't have time for this I need to get to the bridge" he informs me. I weigh out my options, Lincoln doesn't like me going out without telling him, but he's asleep. I know that this boy is Skaikru, he must have a plan to stop the attack at dawn, the sun was already coming out. I couldn't let him and his people die, I'll only be gone for a bit.

"It's kind of dark, you won't make it on your own, I can help you" I tell the boy. He's hesitant at first but he knows he needs me.

"Come on we don't have much time, I'm Monty by the way" he introduces himself.

"Hold on" I go back into the cave quietly so I don't wake up Lincoln, I grab my bow and arrow then come back up to Monty.

"Ok, come on, this way" I show him the way and we start running toward the bridge.

I keep looking back making sure Monty was behind me. While we're running he explains to me that him and his people had made a bomb to delay the attack. Turns out all of their shooters had gotten sick and Jasper was the only one they had left. Monty says that he's taking an extra gun, he has a feeling Jasper might not make it the first try.

I stop Monty and myself to listen closely to something in the distance.

"What is that?" Monty asks me with a look of worry on his face.

"War drums... they're here" I answer him. We hear 3 bullet shots, one after the other.

"He missed" Monty says "We're so screwed" he adds.

"But we're here too" I lead him up a small hill and there he is, Jaspers hiding behind a rock with his gun on the floor. I see warriors slowly coming up. They must've heard the shots.

"You call that shooting" Monty says to Jasper as we appear behind him.

Jasper turns around to see the both us, he almost looks happy to see us "Monty? Bela?" he asks.

Monty handed him the extra gun he had brought and Jasper starts to load it up.

"Last time was a fluke. I panicked" he says, I can hear how nervous he is in his voice.

"So what? You still made the shot right"  Monty says catching his breath from running.

"Twice" Jasper answers while lining up the shot.

I see a small metal tin can in the middle of the bridge. That must be the bomb they had made. I look at it and to be honest, I could easily make the shot, I think anyone could.