Part 32. Hakeldama

The next morning I found a necklace with a small ring hanging onto it. The ring looked almost the same as mine except without the words.

I played around with it and took it with me outside as I heard the doors open.

Once I got outside I saw Pike standing on a crate so he would hover over everyone else. The people had chosen Pike as the Chancellor last night and I was not happy about that.

As I took a stand in the middle of the crowd next to Octavia, Bellamy walked up to me.

"I see you found my little gift." He said pointing to the necklace, "Decided to make it while you were gone."

"It could use a little woodshop work." I joked.

"We'll we can't all be artists." Bellamy defended.

When I turned to look at him I notice the blood on his vest, "Oh my god, are you ok. What happened?" I asked alarmed.

"You're about to find out." Bellamy said as he looked back to Pike.

"Everybody listen up!" 24 hours ago you elected me your chancellor. Every action I've taken since and every action I will take will be to achieve one sacred goal, the creation of a self sustaining, prosperous, and safe Arkadia."

"Yeah!" A man shouted in agreement, and some others joined.

"This morning on a muddy field, our people paid tribute to those who have been taken from us by sending a message to the grounders." Pike continued.

I isolated myself from the crowd and Lincoln seemed to join me.

"This land, is ours now! Resist, and you will be met by force. Fight, and you will be greeted by death. Today is a new beginning. Mark it down. Remember it, just like the grounders will remember it. " pike finished passionately.

As Pike walked out, the crowd followed, including Bellamy.

I looked at Lincoln, worried that I was right.

"No wounded. 10 against 300 hundred and there's no wounded." I pointed out.

Lincoln pulled me in for a hug and I held his hand rub against my head in comfort. "They killed everyone." I finally came to the conclusion of what I dreaded. The most, Bellamy killed everyone.

"I will not let anything happen to you do you understand." Lincoln said as he pulled away and held my face up to him.

I began to put things together and realize what was about to happen.

"When Lexa finds out, she'll call upon the army of the 12 clans, they'll destroy Arkadia and everyone in it." I explained. My breath began to shorten as I painted the image in my head, "The killed the infantry."

"Hey, we tried to stop this, it's not our problem anymore." Lincoln explained.

"That's the thing, it's everyone problem." Octavia said as she walked up to us.

Lincoln and I both turned to look at her.

"Kane wants to speak to us." Octavia said to me.

I nodded as I began walking walking with her.

"I know you tried to escape camp to speak with Indra yesterday." Kane said to Octavia as we walked through the halls of Arkadia.

"Look don't you have more important things to worry about than me sneaking out of camp?" Octavia asked annoyed.

"As it turns out, that's you're here, both of you." Kane remarked.

"Explain." I demanded.

Kane stopped walking and turned to me, "Indra signaled, she wants to meet. I'd go myself, but pikes watching everything I do now."