Part 39.Fallen

Once we got back to the cave I'd left Bellamy in, we all walked in silence. Bellamy jolted up scanning the group.

"Where's Lincoln?" He asked as he didn't see him.

"Dead." I managed to say.

Bellamy looked at me apologetically, but I couldn't even look him in the eyes, not anymore.

"Pike put a bullet in his brain." Octavia added.

"O. O I'm so sorry." Bellamy finally said.

Octavia turned around and punched him. Then again.

"Octavia that's enough." Kane said trying to stop her.

"Kane stay out of this." Bellamy ordered him.

As Octavia kept kicking and punching her brother I didn't feel anything for him. The small bit of me that believed he was sorry, that wanted to let him go was gone.

Honestly every inch of my body was rooting for Octavia to kill him, but I knew that someday I'd regret it if he was dead.

Bellamys face was full of blood, Octavia slammed him into the wall and hurt him the best she could.

"Ok that's enough." Miller said as he stepped between the two siblings, but Octavia pushed him away.

"Get out." She cried.

"Miller back it up." Bellamy demanded.

I went outside the cave, I couldn't handle looking at Bellamy when all I saw was Lincoln dead.

As the sunlight hit my face and the fresh breeze blew through my hair, it felt like a normal day. But it wasn't, I sat on a rock just outside the cave. I looked at the ground, I wanted to cry but somehow I couldn't. 

I wasn't able to express all the pain I was feeling.

"I'm sorry about your your brother." I heard a voice say as it exited the cave.

In a few seconds I felt Harpers presence beside me as she joined me on the rock.

"I know how it feels to lose your family." She tried to comfort me.

"Do you know it feels to lose your family at the hands of the same people you've been protecting even though it brought you hatred from everyone else?" I asked a bit angered as she tried to relate.

"No." She said after a while of silence.

She put an arm around me and rested her head on my shoulder.

"But I do know what it feels like to be alone, and I just wanted to let you know that you're not." Harper added.

I finally looked up at her, she looked sincere, and genuine, "That's the thing, I am alone."

I got up and re-entered the cave. There was a tense silence that filled the air until Miller broke it, "I saw we run two-man patrols around the clock, starting now."

"We'll do that, but we should be safe here. The grounder blockade is too close for pike to risk looking for us." Kane explained.

"Yeah but are we safe from the blockade?" Riley asked concerned.

"As long as we stay on this side of the line you'll be safe." Kane assured him.

"They're grounders, you really think they're gonna play by the rules?" Riley argued.

I looked up at Riley, "It's because we're grounders that we ply by the rules." I defended.

Riley looked at me, he seemed scared, but Miller decided to distract him from me, "Pike'll want you dead now too. We take him out we can go home."