CHAPTER 5 - The Calm Before The Storm - part 2

OOOOO

(Continuation from Chapter 5 part 1)

OOOOO

ANOTHER DAY AND NIGHT OF THE BLAZING SNOWSTORM IN THE DARK HOLE, SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CANADIAN FORESTS

It wasn't long until Helen's statement becomes true as the event of that very time had come on a sudden snowy blizzard combining with a thundering stormy night in the forests where their group are in, and the occupants inside the magical tent were not bothered by the strong stormy weather occurring outside as their home is magically secured and fortified to protect them from every kind of weather elements that passes and blow through by their area--just as the magical tent was made and enchanted by the Magicals since then.

However, they didn't know that their stay in their forests is going to be ominously short-lived as something happened at that exact time and night during the storming snowy blizzard and will force them to leave the place sooner than they never expected to think it would be.

Draco was nonchalantly trying to relax and read a normal kind of mundane book like he's trying to pass the time and entertain by himself while keeping his distance away from Clarke like he seemed tired of arguing with her for another day and decided to stop and rest. But he didn't notice that Clarke is sneakily edging closer to the young handsome man like she's interested in what book he's reading.

Murphy noticed this but didn't voice it out to tease the blond man about it because he's too focused on giving attention to the blond magical girl he's interested in, that is Luna when she merrily hummed and tried to fix a radio so that she could attempt on repairing it to make it play normal music for them as well as be able to make communications to any other line out there to find out if there are other survivors or not.

For Neville, he was exuberantly explaining healthy and medicinal plants to Octavia, happy to teach her about it and everything but he didn't notice or was even aware that Octavia was half-listening to him and seemed tired of learning lessons but she didn't want to hurt Neville's feelings so she acted like she's eagerly listening to him rattle and ramble on almost like a real teacher teaching his students for the very first time.

Finally, for Helen and Bellamy, Helen is busy nursing a still breast-milk reliant Annie, a cloth covering her modestly as she breast-feeds her baby girl but still trying to wean her off it as she's getting too old and big for it anymore, yet Annie is being stubborn about it. And Bellamy was playing with the kids in a fun game of make-believe monster versus hero and he acts as the hero facing against the 'monster' Teddy when he gave a fake growl and roar, chasing after his other little siblings as they squeal and run around with Bellamy running after them to 'rescue' them from the little monster.

Bellamy won as he grabbed and lifted Teddy high up in the air in an act on stopping the monster and Teddy couldn't help but squeal in delight upon being carried up so high and forgot his monster acting and demanded Bellamy to lift him higher when he clearly can't as he reached his limit with his big strong arms. However, Bellamy lowered him to tickle him silly and Teddy tried to fight him off to stop him but his efforts were in vain as he giggled non-stop and uncontrollably before the other siblings ran and clung to Bellamy's legs, also cutely demanding to be lifted up too. He put down Teddy, ruffled his hair making him pout up at him and then nudge him to go be with his mother and the little boy did, wanting to complain to Helen that Bellamy's cheating, which made her laugh merrily, making his heart and whole being warm upon hearing it.

Then he picked up Faith and Andy when they tugged at him and demanded to be carried up insistently which he did, and they cried out squealing with happiness and joy as Bellamy carefully lifted one child up and then did the other after putting the first one down. Faith and Andy wanted more but Bellamy decided to carry them both up on his arms and they seemed to not mind that as they started babbling on in unison like they wanted to chatter his ears off, but the man didn't mind as he basks in this nostalgic family moment together with his all his friends, old and new in this group as he turned his eyes to look straight at Helen's and smile at her and she returned the gesture, smiling back at him.

When Faith and Andy had enough on being carried high, they were about to ask Bellamy to put them down when suddenly--

BOOM! BOOM! CRASH! EAR-SPLITTING CRACK!

They all jumped startled by the sudden lightning flash and loud booming thunder sounds, followed by the big noises of something crashing like the lightning bolts had struck down something and it made a very loud crack upon hitting the ground, almost too close and near their tent. The children cried out in fright as Faith and Andy instantly clung their arms around Bellamy's neck, Teddy reacted by surprise and clung to his mother Helen as she tried to soothe and calm her wailing baby Annie, crying in her arms when they got startled by the lightning booms and sort-of explosions.

Draco had stood up from his seat upon being startled by the lightning and the sudden crashing noises, his eyes narrowed suspiciously like he thought of something foreboding and instantly summoned his snow coat magically with a swift wave of his hand and quickly puts it on as he marches in a slightly fast stride, going outside without hesitation.

Neville cried out, trying to stop him upon noticing this, "Draco, wait! You can't go outside--the blizzard storm is worse out there!"

But Draco just ignored him as he walked out through the main entrance/exit of the magical tent and Neville cursed as he hurriedly followed after him while also magic-summoning his coat too, to help him over something that had happened outside and going into the stormy weather still blazing through and raging strongly.

The others stayed behind while Helen and Luna comforted the children from the sudden fright they got by the loud noises and after a few minutes or so, they looked at the opening of the tent anxiously, for Neville and Draco are still outside, doing something that got them really worried for them. When the two young men still haven't come back or returned from whatever it is they're doing outside in the middle of the raging blizzard, Bellamy instantly stood up on his feet and was about to go outside too with his friend Murphy following behind him hastily, but they were stopped by Helen who nodded at Luna to give them magically-modified winter coats instead of their normal ones to protect them from the stormy weather out there.

Bellamy thanked them for the magic coats and he and his buddy quickly put them on before they swiftly got out and went to find and check on the other two guys. 

OOOOO