CHAPTER 13 - Set Forth The Voyagers - part 2

(Continuation from Chapter 13 part 1)

00000

00000 00000

THE TIME PASSED BY ABOUT A FEW DAYS LATER...STILL LIVING IN THE NEW SHELTER THAT IS THE ABANDONED CABIN, SOMEWHERE IN FORESTS WILDERNESS OF CANADA...IN THE COLD WINTER SEASON WITH A LIGHT SNOWY WEATHER...SOMETIME DURING THE BRIGHT DAYTIME...

TOTAL SURVIVORS--38: Females--17 (12 Young Adults and 5 Children) and Males--20 (16 Young Adults and 4 Children) and Monster friend/pet--1; TYPES: Mages / Magicals--17 and Mundane / Normal--20 and Monster/Creature--1

It was amazing how time had passed so quickly, even though it's been only three days since Draco and Bellamy had picked up the new survivor group into their fold and are now living in the cabin. Even with the mix of familiar old friends from before, among the Mage and Mundane sides, Helen was glad that the group of survivors of both old and new was getting along so well, that they united together like they've become one very big happy family or something of the sort in this large group.

At first, upon greeting their only monster friend in the group Type, they were instantly wary and defensive once they met it but then it didn't take long for the Canine Shifter to win all of their hearts when it showed them that it's really a good kind of monster and very human-friendly, which some of them were amused when it pounced on Draco and licked him affectionately and the blond mage tried to throw it off him despite that he didn't mind it.

The only ones who were wary of the new group of survivors at the time when they came to their new shelter that is the cabin, were just the Spark teenagers and the little children upon meeting the new strangers being accepted into their group. Helen remembered the time clearly on how adorable the sight was when Madi, Jordan, and little Meiling moved to hide behind Draco's legs upon trusting him as their protector while little boys Teddy and Lou were cutely glaring suspiciously at the new survivors. It didn't take long for the children's hearts to be won over and trusted when their older guardians, including the Spark teens, get to know the new people and get along with them. Even with the encouragement from their monster dog friend Type when it sensed that all of these new strangers are truly good people and trustworthy.

It was a surprise, though--specifically for Helen and Bellamy--when Draco decided and shared his opinion that they should stay in the cabin for longer than one week, presumably maybe two or three more or so, one month when he made up his mind on thinking about it.

Luna and Murphy exchanged knowing looks secretly like they knew that Draco is prolonging the time because of the new group of survivors they've taken in and accepted into theirs, and they needed the time to accumulate and settle before preparing themselves and then continuing on their long journey ahead in the future, whenever that would be.

But when Octavia or Clarke confronted Draco about it upon finding out or been informed of one of their leader's decision, Draco defended himself with the excuse that the cold snowy weather might turn out to be a stormy kind on the days ahead, which there's no telling when the weather will clear up or the winter season will be over and gone, and they needed to rest inside the cabin and stay there for the time being until the time comes that they'll move on again for their long journey.

That and Draco made another plausible excuse that they needed to modify the magical trailer more to make it bigger or perhaps longer for the new survivors to comfortably ride inside it, as well as there might be the possibility of discovering more survivors on the way, if it ever happens or not.

His points seemed reasonable and believable but a few of the others knew better than that Draco is showing more of his soft side and was still trying to hide it beneath his ice-cold persona, thus making them amused over the blond mage persisting as such to do so, for they already knew that he's like a softie on the inside and very fierce and protective on the outside.