CHAPTER 11 - Survival and Monsters - part 4

00000

(Continuation from Chapter 11 part 3)

00000

OOOOO

FIVE DAYS LATER AS THE TIME PASSES BY PEACEFULLY AND QUIETLY SO FAR...TEMPORARY CAMPSITE AREA, SOMEWHERE NEAR THE EDGES OF A FORESTRY PLACE IN CANADA...STILL THE VERY COLD SNOWY WINTER SEASON BUT THEIR BASE IS MAGICALLY SHIELDED FROM THAT...

It's been very peaceful and silent at the time when five days have gone by and passed since they first made camp there at the area near the forests there. The magical barrier shielding their temporary base is still holding up until the next two days before the week-long deadline expires and they'll leave again, continuing their long journey ahead of them in the future.

The group found themselves fortunate that there are mages among them to protect them from the winter snowy season at the Canadian country they're in when the cold temperatures seemed to have become more intense than normal despite that the winter season will be over soon. It also helps that they were able to find and scavenge for any edible or medicinal herbal plants and such in the wilderness out there upon using magic to search, reveal, and then preserve them to life after bringing them back and storing them for good use in the future.

But the mundane people in the group always remembered, even the young magical Sparks, that magic has its limits with how much power the mages use from it or how powerful the kind of spells and enchantments they cast upon doing them. It also helped in reminding them of that important fact when Luna nearly drained herself dry of her magic energy upon foolishly casting her magic to intensify the campfire to warm up their group whenever they were outdoors. Murphy told on her about this to the group leaders Draco and Bellamy, and needless to say, Draco swiftly gave Luna the firm stern scolding of a lifetime as he was very furious over what Luna had done and nearly lost her life from doing it.

Luna pouted but she felt guilty and ashamed of herself even more upon nearly forgetting that, after Draco's stern scolding on her, Bellamy took his turn by pointing out a meaningful reminder that the group needed her as the Healer of the group, since Clarke only had basic training and less experience from her medical practice as a nurse long ago before the monster apocalypse happened.

It wasn't long until another day has come with only one day left of the week's deadline, that they venture out into the woods for another foraging run.

But this time, the group on this run is a little bigger than the usual normal of two to four people only.

And it consists of Draco, Bellamy, Luna, Neville, Murphy, Octavia, Jack, and Jill.

Even as the group formed like this, Bellamy felt like he didn't want to leave the others back at their camp behind vulnerable with no guard, especially leaving Helen behind with Clarke Griffin, the two Spark teens Jake and Jane, and the children, including their shape-shifting guard dog Type. Despite that, there are the young Sparks Jake and Jane who proved themselves worthy enough to look after and guard the others, even Clarke had shown that she's improved on practicing fighting techniques to defend their group, Bellamy was worried and concerned about leaving them like this.

However, Draco and Luna shared their opinions that they will be fine and alright without them as they go out on this run since the magical barrier will keep holding on strong just as they left, and that this is important to bring more than four people for they believe that they might encounter or discover something useful and important that will benefit for their group in this scavenging run they're going into the woods they're now trekking through. Even with the reassurances from the two expert Mages, Bellamy had sinking doubts that something bad might happen but it took him about a minute or two to be finally convinced from the added phrasing comfort by Neville as he joined in telling him so.