CHAPTER 14 - Knowing All The 'Monstrous' Dangers - part 4

(Continuation from Chapter 14 part 3)

00000 

00000 00000

UNDERGROUND LAIR...WHEREVER THE SURVIVORS DOWN BELOW ARE LIVING ON...

"Whoa...I'm surprised you guys didn't go crazy upon living down here," Murphy commented when he saw how eerily dark yet not too scary as they trek down the tunnel where Colin and Dennis are leading the group of boys to where their hideout home base is.

"We try to make it as comfortable and homey as we can, when we started taking in survivors we rescued or found and such. But it helps that we got the Elves magically expanding and branching the place down here for our lives to be easy staying down here in the underground," Dennis said as he conjured magical lights so that they won't blindly stumble in the dark tunnel and hit a wall.

"Elves? You guys have Elves!?" Riley asked disbelievingly, not taking it straight to accepting the fact that not only magical wizards and witches exist, despite that there are some in their very own group--but also Elves in real life so far at this very time.

Draco stared straight at Colin as if he's confirming the familiar kind of elves his brother just said and mentioned about and Colin nodded. "Yes. We have elves. But they're different than you think they are, except the only similarity you'd know of is that--they're based from the fantasy novels like Tolkien's."

"Really!?" Wells asked almost sounding excited about it.

"Don't get too excited. These Elves are different than those said to be born or living in the Wild such as the forests," Dennis points out. "They were all born by magic and were pledged to serve and live side-by-side with us Mages because they sometimes rely on our magic as well to continue their living existence and so on. Malfoy--I mean, Draco here can explain it more since he used to have an Elf living and serving with his family long ago before."

Draco didn't want to explain and discuss the fact that most of the magical families such as his former one had treated the Elves like slaves, rather than family friends or the like but he had to tell them some of it so he told them as much as he can from what he knew about their version of Elves who are devoted into living in Houses rather than in the wild woods or forests. He explained as much as he could about the differences between them but he didn't admit his surprise upon hearing from Colin's statement that they are changed and different upon arriving into this world from their old one.

But then Draco saw the subtle hint shared secretly by Colin that it's true that some of the Elves are from their old world and have changed, yet there are others that are originally from this world but pretty much the same except for the differences that he did not share yet on what they are about the Elves.

It didn't take long for Draco to finally see what those differences are when Colin and Dennis finally went to the end, called out for their group members, and then showed the survivors of the new people they brought with them and sharing the news that they'll be moving into joining their group now and then on.

Draco saw the Elves and he saw the familiar elf beings that he recognized as Winky and Kreacher, but they have completely changed from their short statures to match the other world's kind of Elves that are tall and fairly beautiful just like the fantasy novel's elves and such, almost human-like except with their tell-tale features of pointed ears, and there are four Elves among them.

Kreacher, in the Elf form like he's nearly an old man in his fifties but still in his prime, bowed reverently upon seeing Draco but the blond stopped him from doing it before the others noticed. Winky was reassuring the other Elves to let them know that Draco is just like other Mages who are good and kind, unlike the bad ones that they used to serve from before.