CHAPTER 11 - Survival and Monsters - part 1

00000

DISCLAIMER: READ CHAPTER 1.

OOOOO

CHAPTER 11 - SURVIVAL KNOWLEDGE AND MONSTER GUIDE

OOOOO

...LAST TIME...

"Well...this is going to be interesting," Helen mused as she smiled warmly at the sight of their new monster friend and 'pet' as it played with the children happily.

Draco rolled his eyes at that, not knowing whether their decision into taking in this supposed 'friendly' shapeshifting monster is truly a good thing...or a really bad one.

'No truer words have ever been spoken but...only time will tell, I guess,' Draco thought deeply inside his mind.

And so the story continues on...to the next chapter.

OOOOO

ONE WEEK AND THREE DAYS GONE BY...STILL ON THE ROAD THROUGHOUT THEIR JOURNEY...SOMEWHERE IN CANADA...STILL THE COLD WINTER SEASON WITH A LIGHT SNOWY WEATHER...SOMETIME DURING A BRIGHT SUNNY DAY...

TOTAL SURVIVORS--23: Females--12 (7 Young Adults and 5 Children) and Males--10 (6 Young Adults and 4 Children) and Monster friend/pet--1; TYPES: Mages / Magicals--10 and Mundane / Normal--12 and Monster/Creature--1

It has been a week and three days as the time has gone and passed by almost so fast at the time when Charlotte got lost, met up with a human-friendly monster, brought it back with her to the group, and then the group took it in, accepting it as their new monster friend and pet guardian.

Even though Draco still had doubts and suspicions about their new monster companion, he decided to wait and see and also trust that the shape-shifting creature will prove itself worthy of gaining their acceptance and contributing to the group by being another new guardian for the whole group and caretaker and protector for the children.

So far, it's happy doing just that on looking after, guarding, and playing with the children as they merrily and joyfully played with their new friendly monster playmate. Even Helen trusted the shape-shifting monster canine to watch over the little baby ones when she's busy doing something and they were gently placed in their carrier baskets or bassinets and the monster dog was found lying beside them, dutifully guarding them with all its alertness and awareness to protect them from any dangers or threats lurking around and about.

However, Helen didn't think that the monster dog's overprotective tendencies and guarding duties were reached to the highest point of adding her with the group of children it's looking after and watching over for diligently and over-enthusiastically. She tried to stop it from doing such care guarding duties upon her but it refused to leave her side whenever or wherever it senses that Helen is going where she's not supposed to go or doing what she's not supposed to do, that might endanger the health and wellness of herself and her unborn child.

Draco and Bellamy nearly smiled at the sight upon noticing and seeing this but these two young men, who decided by unanimous vote that they designate themselves as partners in leadership and protecting their group, felt like it's not time yet to trust this monster shape-shifter into doing other work, such as going on outing runs with them whenever they needed to or not.

Even though Bellamy thought that it might be best to give the shape-shifting canine a trial run on doing so, Draco discouraged the idea instantly when Bellamy shared it to him before and he told him that they need to test it first on how it fares in protecting and looking after the group by staying within their sight and home 'turf' first for an unknown length of necessary time until it proves itself worthy into pairing and going with them in the future runs when they go out and such.

That was actually a week ago when Draco said that, and after another three days, the blond mage still seemed a bit conflicted about whether he should trust having this shape-shifting monster go with any of them during a run, even with the others now fully trusting the canine-shifting creature now and then.

While Draco was having his internal doubts and mental self-conflicts, the few members of the group decided to think of and come up with a name to call their new monster shape-shifting friend but it seemed that it's being picky as the shape-shifting monster dog kept whining or shaking its head in a negative when Charlotte, Jake, Luna, and the children too, rattled or told it random names to give their new monster friend a titled name that it deserved, similar to its shape-shifting namesake of sorts.

However, the poor canine monster-shifter is not liking it so far when it gave negative whining replies to the names that it really doesn't like. And surprisingly, it was Madi who voiced out shyly and gave the perfect name to dub their new monster friend.

And the name the little girl gave it...is 'Type'.

That's right. She named and called it in a neutral way, which is Type.

And shockingly, the monster shape-shifter dog truly loved it, with a joyful sounding bark and a happy vigorous wagging tail.

Either that or 'Type' instantly decided to accept the name before others gave more silly ones that it might not like again.

Madi slightly blushed with embarrassment but also happy that Type liked the new name she gave it, and she giggled when it licked her affectionately on the fact but was still shy as she ran to Draco's side and hid behind his legs as per usual she had been doing this since she favored the blond mage from the first time they met and he rescued her, as the little girl still looked to him as her heroic protector.

Though Draco does not mind this still and was a little tolerant of Madi's view of him like this, he decided that he'll try to convince the female child that he's not always a hero in his eyes as he has done bad things in his former past but that matter will be done later as he focused on another matter, that is the shape-shifting monster dog. Even though he smiled internally with a blank face at the heart-touching and adorable sight of the children playing with their new shape-shifting pet, now newly named as Type, as it transformed itself into a big Saint Bernard dog so that it will be easy to protect and herd them away from any dangers or threats if it comes, Draco still has doubts about the shape-shifting canine monster but he'll give it a benefit of a doubt--of sorts--and trust it slightly since it's been behaving itself well for the past week and so forth.

But he will keep being alert and on guard, regarding their new monster friend, in case it might turn on them in the future.

And it didn't take long for the shape-shifting canine monster Type to prove the blond mage Draco wrong upon the various events or adventures that happened throughout their long journey in the road to find another livable safe place for them, and even if it isn't, the mages will make it so with their special gifts and abilities to make it safe and secure for them for however or whatever long they can stay for, just like the previous ones before.

00000