CHAPTER 5 - The Calm Before The Storm - part 4

OOOOO

(Continuation from Chapter 5 part 3)

OOOOO

The way how Helen said those words as well as her whole bearing from saying that statement, she appeared to the other four new survivors like she's the real leader of the group, instead of Draco that they thought that he's the one who leads and looks after his people. But upon Helen's firm and strong countenance, she revealed herself as the true leader in her group and Bellamy was more amazed and fascinated by her, as he didn't notice or was not aware that his sister Octavia instantly noticed this and she was secretly smiling slyly with glee on seeing her older brother a little smitten with Helen.

Luna nodded and did what she was told to do as she also seemed to be upset or disappointed with Draco's strange behavior and crazy actions only a little while ago and it was that time only. She hoped that it's nothing but when she magically scanned him after checking him physically that he had no injuries, the magic report showed her the results as it appears almost holographic-like up in the air when she conjured it up and Luna frowned upon finding nothing and there are negative results on the cause in Draco's mental state and anything else.

Luna showed them to Helen after she was done checking Draco over and she nodded before she told the others to go rest and she'll be the one taking night-shift and guard-watch and even looking after her unconscious blond friend, who will be staying on the couch like he deserved to be punished to lie there while still cursed unconscious.

Bellamy volunteered to accompany her and Helen was a little oblivious that he had ulterior motives on keeping her company as she smiled at him and gratefully accepted it. She's also not aware that Bellamy's sister Octavia was smirking more internally in her head with glee and triumph upon seeing that her suspicions were right that her older brother has a romantic interest with Helen.

By the time the others went back to their respective rooms to go to bed without worries about the still-raging snowstorm outside the magical tent, Helen had sat down on a chair after she settled comfortable seats for herself and Bellamy once the others left and she made good warm chocolate in coffee mugs as well as made a few sandwiches to keep them fed a little for their whole night-shift awake and alert, and watching over the blond man lying on the couch still like a frozen statue of sorts.

Bellamy had brought himself a little book he found in the small novel collection of their tent but he only brought it in a fake pretense of going to read it to entertain himself when in reality he wanted to talk more with Helen and get to know her more besides normal topics or mundane stuff.

When Bellamy started questioning and conversing with her, it almost took Helen by surprise when he made the first initiative to speak to her but she didn't mind as she also wanted to know more about him, even knowing about his friends too and the two of them talked together in soft voices while watching over Draco as well as keeping watch through transparent windows of the magical tent to the outside, making sure that there are no monsters lurking out there, ready to pounce at them during the strong snowing blizzard. But so far, much to their relief and relaxation, nothing has happened yet.

However, when the next day comes and when the strong blizzard storm stops, Helen will be finding out the truth in a literal hard way upon finding out the truth and real reason why Draco had reacted almost too madly before and why he had been insistent in his desperation to getting rid of the lightning struck branches that fell and crashed outside from the tent.

As it turns out, during the raging and howling snowstorm going on outside, the magical barrier that had protected the Magicals and the new members of the group from every monster and other dangers and threats outside...somehow got broken as there were a few faint shimmers or static-like sparking appearing slightly visible to the human eye on the invisible wall, and it almost looked like a glass wall forming big cracks and splintered broken pieces on it after being abandoned for so long and was hit by weather elements, other impacts or debris that hit and caused it to break and slowly shattering it apart, or something similar like that.

When this was happening without Helen or anyone else's knowledge--except Draco himself who seemed to have figured it out and tried to prevent it but was stopped from doing so--it won't take long for the magical protective barrier shield to break down and leave the entire group vulnerable to the monsters that are hiding within the deep dark forests, lurking around or eerily about in wait, like they're waiting for their opportunity to pounce on their prey once they figured out that there is a big buffet somewhere in the center of it.

And this is almost literally...the calm before the storm--as the saying goes.

OOOOO

OOOOO

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Another chapter of this story finished! I hope you like it!

I am sorry though for this slightly scary cliff-hanger--but I had to end it this way for this new chapter.

Stay tuned and keep following on, for I proudly announce that there will be more for this story very soon, with more excitement, thrills, and adventures added into it!

When this story came to me from my sudden inspiration, I just had to write this out as fast as I can before I might start losing it and the plot-bunny might hop away and fade and disappear from my mind.

Don't worry, I will be working hard and making every effort into writing more for this story and others very soon, I promise!

Enjoy Readers!

PLEASE REVIEW OR COMMENT!

OOOOO