CHAPTER 8 - New Safe Place, More New Survivors - part 1

OOOOO

DISCLAIMER: READ CHAPTER 1.

OOOOO

CHAPTER 8 - NEW SAFE PLACE, MORE NEW SURVIVORS

OOOOO

...LAST TIME...

Even though they've managed to escape and get away from the forests upon braving the monstrous woods before--it doesn't mean that they're completely safe in that magically secured fortified building...for now.

Onto the next thrilling adventure...that awaits for this group of survivors in the next chapter.

OOOOO

INSIDE AN ABANDONED WAREHOUSE BUILDING, IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, SOMEWHERE IN CANADA...STILL THE COLD WINTER SEASON WITH A LIGHT SNOWY WEATHER...

TOTAL SURVIVORS--12: Females--6 (4 Young Adults and 2 Children) and Males--6 (4 Young Adults and 2 Children); 

TYPES: Mages / Magicals--5 and Mundane / Normal--7

When they managed to get away and leave the treacherous forests that is the 'monstrous' woods from before and made it into the abandoned warehouse building inside and securely fortified it with magic, by Draco's intricate magic ritual and circle, even the blood magic he cast upon it, they were all relieved that they're safe and secure inside that safe place for the time being, perhaps temporarily or so.

They were all sighing with relief, except Draco who stayed silent in place, still within the center of the magic circle he made to enforce the magical shield into the building. But then the relieving yet still tense atmosphere was broken when John Murphy decided to lighten it up by commenting at the blond wizard.

"Wow! I didn't think you actually had it in you to do it just like that, straight up from the movie!"

Draco looked at Murphy with confusion at his sudden strange remark.

"Were you really trying to reenact Gandalf the famous wizard from 'Lord of the Rings' in real life--or this is the real you or something?" Murphy teased him jokingly.

Instantly, Draco was not amused at Murphy's light joke at him but the others were amused when some of them chuckled, snickered, or Helen and Neville tried to hold back their laughter upon seeing Draco's displeased expression.

Draco would have retorted and fought back against Murphy's words but just as he was about to snap at him verbally with his inborn skill of a snake-like tongue, he wobbled and swayed like he's suddenly drunk on something, and it surprised and startled the others upon noticing this.

"Whoa! Hey, man, are you okay?!" Bellamy instantly moved to his side and grabbed hold of him before he might fall down flat on his face on the hard floor.

Draco shook his head like he's trying to shake off the dizziness he's feeling and said, "Sorry--magic drain. I think I infused too much of my blood to activate the ritual for the magical protection here."

Upon hearing that, Luna was glad that she finished checking on the health and welfare of the still-sleeping drugged children, and Helen too when she tried to be comfortable on the sleeping cot she's sitting on, and she moved quickly to also grab hold of Draco before he sways more dizzily and was about to keel over and collapse from where he's standing. Luna ordered firmly at him, "Sit down--before you fall down, Draco. Honestly, you should have known better than to put too much of your sacrificial blood magic into the magic protection ritual."