CHAPTER 7 - Braving The Monstrous Woods - part 1

OOOOO

DISCLAIMER: READ CHAPTER 1.

OOOOO

CHAPTER 7 - BRAVING THE 'MONSTROUS' WOODS

OOOOO

...LAST TIME...

They all prayed that their traveling won't be very long upon hiking through the deep dark forests, but they are prepared to fight when that foreboding ominous time comes.

OOOOO

SOMEWHERE DEEP IN THE DARK FORESTS OF CANADA...ABOUT A FEW MILES ALREADY TRAVELED AND HIKED SO FAR IN THEIR TENSE AND SCARY JOURNEY...AND IT'S REALLY DARK AT NIGHTTIME THEN

The group of twelve survivors, eight young adults, and four little children, as well as consisting of seven Mundane people and five Magicals--or Mages as they decided to term and call themselves from now on and then--have managed to travel and hike through the thick deep Canadian forests in that very dark time of night and managed to reach and go out that far to surviving through this horrific Monster Apocalypse at that very year of still terrifying scary times since the Meteor fall and monster outbreak long ago back then before.

They are still about a few miles out faraway from the outer edge of the forests to their destination, but they made quite a surprising good progress into walking for five to seven miles after they left their former previous camp back then. However, they are all determined but trying not to feel frantic and in a panic to keep hiking on through the dark woods and get themselves collapsing from exhaustion and fatigue if they dare to continue on. The first and last in line were on high alert and on guard to watch out and look out for any dangers and threats that might be hiding under the trees or blackness of the eerie shadows around them as they walk on, their weapons at the ready to shoot or strike at anything that comes at them, whether small or big, as well as visible or invisible.

Even though they're slightly slowed down by the thick snow they're trekking and trudging through as well as carrying their precious fragile burden of four still drugged-sleeping children and the still walking pregnant woman, all the members of that survivor group are charmed and protected with shields over them, invisible in sight and sound from any monsters lurking around and about in the forests, even enchanted to be light on their steps so that their feet won't sink down into the thick snow and have difficulty walking through them, almost like they're walking above water, just about slightly similar how the Mundane holy deity Jesus Christ does.

And despite that it seemed to be quiet and peaceful at that very time of night that they're still traveling through the forests and into, with the soft normal crickets and cicadas chirping and few owls hooting soundly in the woods--by no means that they are truly safe as they try to keep on with their journey to reach their destination into getting out of these thick dark forests, which is filled with monsters that must be lurking about in the shadows or lying in wait behind the trees, ready to pounce at their defenseless prey that they might somehow sense that they're there.

"Helen, are you okay?" Bellamy asked almost for the seventh--or was it the eighth time? --when Helen took her next turn into carrying the still-sleeping Annie in her arms and she almost appeared to be out of breath or something.

Helen managed to hold back a tired sigh but she didn't stop herself upon telling Bellamy with slight irritation in her voice. "Bellamy, for the last time--I'm fine. I can make it as long as I can."

"Are you sure, Helen? I noticed that you're starting to slow down," Neville whispered softly from behind Helen and Bellamy upon being the second with Octavia in the line-up.