CHAPTER 15 - Unexpected Surprises... part 1

DISCLAIMER: READ CHAPTER 1.

00000 00000

CHAPTER 15 - UNEXPECTED SURPRISES AND MORE REVELATIONS

00000 00000

...LAST TIME...

There's no telling what's in store for them next time in the future. But Draco is internally hoping that the next time will also turn out to be another good one, such as their discovery of the new survivors.

And Draco truly hoped that it will come that way again on the next days ahead in the future.

00000 00000

THE TIME HAS PASSED BY...ABOUT ANOTHER ONE WEEK LATER...IN THE REMOTE FOREST REGIONS WHERE THE HIDDEN CABIN IS AND WHERE THE GROUP IS STAYING AT FOR THE TIME BEING...WINTER SEASON IS NOW TURNING WARMER, SNOW NEAR FADING AS THE DAYS PASS BY ON THAT VERY WEEK...

TOTAL SURVIVORS--54: Females--24 (14 Young Adults, 5 Elf Girls, and 5 Children) and Males--29 (24 Young Adults, 1 Elf Old-man, and 4 Children) and Monster friend/pet--1; TYPES: Mages / Magicals--20, Elves--6, Mundane / Normal--27, and Monster/Creature--1

It was amazing how time easily passed by so fast in a way that the survivors in the new big group were shocked upon finally noticing it as it's been another week later that's gone by at the time.

Discovering the new group of survivors from last time was quite a good find as they interacted one another, sharing stories on how the Creevey brothers and their group had survived upon living underground and exchanging the same as Helen and her group shared how they lived and survived throughout the monster apocalypse above ground on the surface and going on such a long journey and everything.

However, the new surprises are not only finding the new survivors as well as discovering the magical changed-kind of Elves in this world--but another survivor revealed to be pregnant among them.

And that is Harper McIntyre, Monty's partner, and Jordan's mother.

That, and it turns out after Harper admitted that she's at the first month in the first trimester of pregnancy, Aria Hawke also confessed that she's pregnant too with her loving partner Wolfe and she's only two months pregnant.

Though there were many congratulations exchanged, including Jordan who was very excited to be a big brother, and Helen who was delighted that she won't be the only pregnant woman alone, Draco was the only one who's worried over this since their group has now three pregnant women and that they are vulnerable and helpless in the middle of the monster apocalypse still, despite that these particular three women are strong fighters and not that defenseless.

He shared his concerns privately with Bellamy upon taking him by the side and told him all about it. It was almost bad enough that there are children and the pregnant mage-woman Helen that they must focus most of their protection on, but adding two more pregnant ones will not only limit the amount of protection and guardians needed but also the necessary runs to go and get more supplies for them. Not to mention, that despite that there is an efficient number of Mages, including the Elves, their magic is not strong enough to protect them from the large-sized monster dangers and numerous threats that are still out there.

Bellamy understood his concerns as Helen already shared them earlier and confided that Draco might become overly paranoid and worried about it and he reassured Draco that everything will be fine, which the blond mage didn't believe him at first since he's pretty dead-set on being concerned over this kind of new situation for their group.

It took for Nathan Miller, Wolfe, and surprisingly, Colin Creevey to add in the reassurances on telling Draco that everything will be fine and that the group will be united into looking after each other and protecting one another from any threats or dangers that might or will come at them. Draco had to concede that they have a point and understand that he was being overly paranoid about it.

Still...

"Is this really necessary, Draco? I can understand that we need to go out, retrieve more supplies to add to our stock because of our recent new additions into the group but...I don't think we need to go this far!" Theodore Nott asked when he joined in the scouting and supply run with Draco and a few selected others.

Draco glared at him as he and the others ready the necessary tools, weapons, and bags needed on this endeavor they're going out into the forests to find any possible civilization out there or abandoned buildings and such.

"I told you that this is necessary, Theodore. So stop complaining and just get ready or do you want to stay behind with the others?" Draco snapped at him.

"Whoa, hey! There's no need to get all snappy, Draco," Neville said, intervening before this might turn into a heated argument.

Draco sighed and apologized. "I'm sorry, it's just...I'm still worried that all the supplies we have, might not be enough for all of us. Especially for the children and the pregnant girls."

Bellamy patted his shoulder and comforted, "It's understandable that you're feeling this way, Draco. But still, you don't need to get too much over the top or something over it. I'm sure we'll find something out there and get more for our group."

"All the while, avoid meeting up-close and personal with the lurking monsters out there or prevent ourselves from stumbling into them and such," Colin joked a little dryly, that it made some of the others chuckle at him and Draco cocked a brow that says 'Really?'

"So...are we getting to it or we're just going to stand here until Helen might call us back for lunch?" Nathan asked, also joining in to lighten the mood that seemed to be tense around them.

Bellamy chuckled and Draco just shook his head wryly before the scouting group prepares the last of their stuff needed to bring along and then ready themselves into going out there and venture farther into the woods to find something else, whether it's good or bad.

The group that will be scouting out there on the run are Draco, Neville, Bellamy, Theodore Nott, Colin Creevey, Dennis Creevey, Nathan Miller, Eric Jackson, Padma Patil, and Octavia.

Bellamy would have protested having his sister along for this run but this time Octavia is not having it and she's determined to prove herself on this run and she was glad that Draco and Neville sided with her in agreement to allow her to join this scouting run.

However, Draco confided to Bellamy secretly, reassuring him that he'll keep a close eye on watching his sister to make sure she doesn't run or stumble into any trouble while on their run, and he appreciated it as he thanked him for it. Bellamy can trust Draco to look after and watch over his sister since the blond mage seemed to have very sharp keen senses, much better than a normal human would do but then again, Mages were considered special humans when it comes to their magical abilities and such.

It didn't take long for them to go out there on their scouting run without any worries of leaving their group behind in the cabin since there are trustworthy strong guards looking after them, including their monster friend Type, who is now in Doberman dog form, to watch out and stand guard for the group.

00000 00000