CHAPTER 8 - New Safe Place, More New Survivors - part 2

OOOOO

(Continuation from Chapter 8 part 1)

OOOOO

Luna and Murphy went into a messy room that looked to be some sort of storage unit and Murphy took point as he moved and carefully aimed the magic shotgun around, checking to make sure that there are no monsters hiding around or about, while Luna just calmly tilted her head and murmured lowly so that her companion wouldn't hear, casting a magic spell that is {Monsterum Revelom} to check if there are monsters hiding about but the spell showed her negative results. Satisfied upon seeing that as Luna kept glancing and looking around and sometimes her sage-like wisdom eyes brighten or darken upon spotting something interesting or anything of note. She just stood by the doorway, waiting for Murphy and letting him finish checking the room until it's all clear, despite that she already checked it by a magic spell, and when he voiced it out, Luna came in and inspected the messy shelves with its scattered contents.

Luna ignored the fallen-worn boxes since she knows that the inner contents have already expired, even though the dates imprinted on them says otherwise. But she focused on studying closely and staring at the jars, looking like she's hoping that whatever contents are within them, are tightly sealed and preserved. Her eyes brighten up with joy on seeing the tightly sealed jars and preserved bottles she's looking for and Murphy looked at her a bit curiously and amused with how excited Luna is when she carefully gathered them into her arms and then magically shrinking them and putting them inside her magic bag, strapped around her shoulder.

Once Luna got what she needed to get, she patted her slightly bulging bag with satisfaction and nodded at Murphy that they can move on and check and see other rooms and corners if they might find more supplies or useful things for their survival and such. It took them about an hour when Luna and Murphy went through and checked on three more rooms, but not very much many supplies or useful stuff was found on them, besides the first batch that Luna had already gathered and packed them to her magic bag.

Murphy would have talked to Luna while the two of them were checking and looking around on their way, but he got a little tongue-tied and shy about what he's going to speak to her about or discuss over something. Luna seemed to have already noticed this whenever he looked conflicted or was about to open his mouth and speak but turned silent at the last minute and she smiled warmly at him like she's reassuring him to take his time and talk to her when he needs to or not, which made him blush a little in embarrassment upon getting caught. During that hour as they explored around while on guard, Murphy decided to take the plunge anyway before he embarrasses himself even further with his silence to his love interest.

"So...healing, huh? Is that the same as being a doctor or...?" Murphy said, trying to not stutter while still blushing red on the face.

Luna regarded him in a blank calm look before she replied, "Yes, it's the same thing. However, the only difference in the kind of field I'm into, is that Healing is infused with both magical and mundane means to treat and heal all kinds of beings that are in need of it. That also includes normal people such as yourself, but we, Healers have to be careful on how we treat them with magic because it's like injecting you for the first time with a dose of dangerous drugs, not suitable for your health and well-being."

"Ohh wow...! You must have quite the hectic kind of life, living your years in university to study for that, huh? Wait--do you mages have universities?" Murphy asked curiously.

Luna giggled and answered smiling, "Yes. We have a complete educational system similar to yours, but in our magical system, there is also apprenticeship that we can be invited or offered by expert mages who have interests with those with good skills and they teach them to hone them better before releasing them from their mentoring and let them go free to pursue whatever kind of job they want, either magical, mundane, or even both."