CHAPTER 14 - Knowing All The 'Monstrous' Dangers - part 1

DISCLAIMER: READ CHAPTER 1.

00000 00000

CHAPTER 14 - KNOWING ALL THE 'MONSTROUS' DANGERS IN THE WILD

00000 00000

...LAST TIME...

Who knows what kind of unexpected surprises will come to this large survivor group--now known as the 'Voyagers'--might happen next?

Only the next time will tell...whatever fate might happen or the kind of coincidence will be happening at the time.

00000 00000

THE TIME HAS PASSED BY...ABOUT ONE WEEK LATER...IN THE REMOTE FOREST REGIONS WHERE THE HIDDEN CABIN IS AND WHERE THE GROUP IS STAYING AT FOR THE TIME BEING...WINTER SEASON IS NEARLY FADING AWAY AND THE COLD SNOWY WEATHER IS ABOUT TO TURN WARMER...SOMETIME DURING THE BRIGHT DAYTIME ON THE SEVENTH DAY OR SO...

TOTAL SURVIVORS--38: Females--17 (12 Young Adults and 5 Children) and Males--20 (16 Young Adults and 4 Children) and Monster friend/pet--1; TYPES: Mages / Magicals--17 and Mundane / Normal--20 and Monster/Creature--1

It was amazing how time seems to fly by and pass since then when they discovered another group of survivors, have them join in and be accepted into the other group, and then stay in the cabin with them. Along with the sudden decision upon giving a name--or rather, title--to their group as they are called the "Voyagers" because of how long they had journeyed on and survived through the monster apocalypse and everything. And it's not just the name itself that describes what they went through in a sense of distance but also the harrowing ordeals and trials they had gone through and overcome since their survival through the apocalypse when it happened.

Since there are no empty journals, diaries, or even notebooks to record their stories of what they had gone through in their long voyage of survival through the monster apocalypse, as they were used only to burn for fire and warmth, they only had each other, thus the name seemed to suit the survivor group well, albeit the one fact that they all wanted to survive through this apocalypse and truly find a safe haven that will keep them secure and content from all the monstrous dangers that infected and spread out the entire world they're in.

Speaking of dangers--the Mages had shared to the new survivor group about their Monster Survival book and they were amazed upon discovering all of the knowledge concerning the mutated monstrous beasts and plants that were affected by the meteor, including the Unknown kinds, and they were also astonished upon finding out about the Friendly type of monsters that are out there, besides their Canine-Shifter friend Type.

None of the members of the new group had the chance on meeting a friendly monster face-to-face, besides the lovable monster friend they have in their group but all of them seemed nervous and wary to confront them when the time comes that they meet one by coincidence, Fate, or not.

Still, they were glad that the Mages shared the books with them so that they'll know the distinctive features and memorize all the creatures and plants that mutated and became monstrous, as well as knowing the friendly good kinds out there.

As for their usual outings like supply or scouting runs of the sorts, they are still doing that but only a few times since they found the cabin because there's not much to scavenge or hunt since it is still the cold winter season, even though it felt like it's about to get warmer or something.

Speaking of the outing runs, a few members of the survivor group, mixed of Mages and Mundane alike, are out on one. And that particular group that went out on the run, which is only a scouting job, are Draco, Neville, Murphy, Theodore Nott, Wells Jaha, and the young Spark teen siblings Jack and Jill.