CHAPTER 12 - More New Surprises - part 1

00000

DISCLAIMER: READ CHAPTER 1.

00000 00000

CHAPTER 12 - MORE NEW SURPRISES ON THE JOURNEY AGAIN

00000 00000

...LAST TIME...

Unbeknownst to this group of survivors, both the magic and the mundane...there will be more of them added into their group very soon.

In an unexpected surprising way--but it will turn out to be a really good thing.

And so...the story goes on in the next chapter of their journey.

00000 00000

THREE DAYS LATER THE TIME HAS PASSED BY...NOW ON THE ROAD AGAIN THROUGHOUT THEIR JOURNEY, SOMEWHERE IN CANADA...STILL THE COLD WINTER SEASON WITH A LIGHT SNOWY WEATHER...SOMETIME DURING THE BRIGHT DAYTIME...

TOTAL SURVIVORS--23: Females--12 (7 Young Adults and 5 Children) and Males--10 (6 Young Adults and 4 Children) and Monster friend/pet--1; TYPES: Mages / Magicals--10 and Mundane / Normal--12 and Monster/Creature--1

It's been a long past since the week-long deadline from their previous temporary shelter by the outdoors near the woods before. Now it's been three days that the time has gone and passed by as the group is now on the road, continuing on their journey to another shelter or possible safe place somewhere out there in the state of the area.

Granted the survivors had to leave their previous temporary safe spot a day earlier after what happened in the event with Neville falling into the hole and encountering the Under-Worms before, also finding out a surprising changing fact that the monster worms can thrive in intensely cold environments by then.

So they all pack up their things and set off on the road once more and again on their journey to find another safe place or possibly secure shelter somewhere out there in the ongoing monster-infested apocalyptic world.

John Murphy was the one driving the magic trailer on the third day, and two days ago, the driver was Bellamy or Draco at the time. Jack and Jake know some basics on mundane vehicle driving but have not gotten real-life practice and experience about it yet, so the older boys promised themselves that they will teach the younger ones, ensuring that they'll also have a turn in contributing for the group such as driving the magically enchanted mobile trailer for their possibly long journey ahead of them.

But under no circumstances that Neville is ever allowed to drive the trailer--Never EVER--even if ''desperate times call for desperate measures'' as the saying goes when it comes to it or not.

The reason being for that, which is decided firmly by Draco himself--if you thought Neville was really clumsy that he was before back in the magic school days, added with the fact that he's been stumbling into holes, which seems per usual to the Mages back then as they have known and witnessed it long since the monster apocalypse happened--it was truly the worst if you let Neville drive any kind of mobile vehicle, whether it's small or big kind of cars and such.

Draco explicitly told Bellamy and Murphy all about it with the kind of car crashes and vehicular accidents Neville has made and went through before, whenever he tries driving any car at the time, despite that he had studied so much about it and tried to learn it and practice in real-life experience. Helen and Luna joined in upon telling the story of Neville's bad driving that he had failed through Mundane driving tests exactly three times before the government officially banned him for life upon his extremely worst results.