CHAPTER 15 - ...and More Revelations part 4

(Continuation from CHAPTER 15 part 3)

00000

00000 00000

BACK AT THE CABIN, WHERE THE REMAINING OTHERS ARE...THERE IS A SURPRISE WAITING THERE WHEN THE OTHERS RETURN FROM THEIR SUPPLY RUN...BUT IS IT A GOOD THING--OR A VERY BAD ONE?

While waiting for the others to return from their supply run out there on the forests or beyond it, they decided to do some more house chores or other tasks to keep their minds and bodies busy so that they won't worry for them upon thinking that something bad is going to happen to them.

One of them in particular, which is Luna, of course, as she suddenly decided on the idea of wanting to explore the forests beyond the cabin, almost looking like she sensed something special that might be out there and it's waiting for her to find it herself--much to the other's disbelief and disagreement over her sudden out of the blue decision when she voiced it out to them.

Both Helen and Murphy especially protested negatively that Luna should not do this and just choose to go out there, even with asking for their permission or not.

Since the two of them denied and were against this, Luna decided it for herself that she's going whether they don't want her to or not, and before they could stop her, including Clarke, Luna left in a sudden hurry, just like that as if catching up to the fleeting wind and flying along with it.

They stared at the spot where Luna just left, through the back door of the cabin and into the deep thick forests out there, not believing for a second that their friend just left like that amidst their protests until Luna's sole interest Murphy started moving and getting ready to go out there himself too and catch up to her.

Helen and Clarke looked at Murphy with disbelief but he reassured them that he'll just catch up to Luna and try to persuade her to come back to the cabin before she goes out and ventures beyond even further out there and this made the women's worries lessen and they nodded in approval, on letting Murphy go to get Luna back.

Once he's packed up with a backpack with some necessities in it and he's wielding a weapon, which is one of the magical kind of enchanted modified handguns before, and then Murphy went off in a hasty hurry to catch up to where Luna went off and left, running fast to chase after her and try to convince her to return to the others in the cabin before the other group returns and finds out that the two of them are gone and missing--or something worse has happened to them.

Though he wasn't a wilderness expert or even an expert tracker, he learned a lot upon being born and lived his kind of way of life in the streets, and Murphy managed to follow after and catch up to Luna before he might really lose her and he or she or the both of them might get lost in the deep dark woods--which he's clearly afraid and not wanting to be so in a situation like that if it ever happens.

Once Murphy caught up to Luna, he found her standing in front of a seemingly abandoned broken-looking lone shack, its dirty and snow-covered appearance showing that it looks like it's about to fall over to its side and break apart into a messy pile but it's still standing.

Murphy was about to ask her why she's standing and staring at the shack, almost about to ask her if this is what she said that she sensed in her mystical kind of way into searching for and looking into it.

But Luna didn't answer him when she went off again without warning and entered into the broken-looking and nearing to fall apart shack without hesitation, even before Murphy could react and try to stop her but failed again.

"Oh come on! Luna!" Murphy complained, wondering how he got ever interested in her and was thinking deeply about it just as he also went in after her without hesitation.