CHAPTER 14 - Knowing All The 'Monstrous' Dangers - part 2

(Continuation from Chapter 14 part 1)

00000

00000 00000

ANOTHER FEW DAYS LATER...STILL AT THE CABIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE THICK FORESTS...BUT A CLOUDY SLIGHTLY DARK SNOWY WEATHER DURING THE DAY...

Time passed on and the days went by, and everything seemed peaceful and quiet at the time in the area by the cabin.

Ever since the little mishap caused by Neville a few days before, they decided to stand by and stay in the cabin for a while until it is safe to come out and go on another run again into the forests, to check if there are more possible dangers out there or they might find something good for a change.

Despite that the monster giant wasps, called the 'Killer Hives', are somewhere near the vicinity by the cabin, nesting a new hive somewhere in the forests, they're being extra careful and on guard to not stumble into them and have themselves get killed this time if they anger those monster wasps again. They noted exactly where Neville, Wells, and Jack had last seen them upon encountering them by Neville's accidental mistake when he destroyed their previous nest and then angered the wasp swarm there.

Another scouting run is being set out, decided by the group's leaders to double-check the perimeter to ensure the safety and security of the shelter for the group there. So, the ones who are going out to do that task, are Draco, Bellamy, Nathan Miller, Atom, Riley, and Sterling this time.

The others are staying behind and some of them will be watching for the group and looking out for them in case something happens while the scouting group is gone. Though it was only Octavia who complained about being left out on the run, her brother Bellamy managed to convince her to stay and be left behind to look after and take care of the group.

It wasn't long until the six young men set out into the thick forests surrounding the fenced private land of the cabin and hiding it from any passerby that might be out there or not, and it took about an hour or two to walk and look around, on high alert and on guard, watching out for any signs of trouble or danger and so far, they found nothing.

When it's almost the third hour they spent on that scouting run, they got back together when the leaders Bellamy and Draco decided to split into two groups and then come back once they made their rounds and double-check the perimeter and such. As they returned after that upon their checking point, Bellamy asked Draco when he came back with Riley and Sterling behind him. "You see anything?"

Draco shook his head in a negative, the other two following his example. "Nothing. You?"

Bellamy, Nathan, and Atom responded the same in the negative answer that they found nothing as well during their scouting round. However, Nathan commented with a cautious alert glance around to the trees like he sensed that there's something lurking and stalking them from there.

"No, but did you notice how it's almost very quiet around here in these woods? It's...a little too creepy, even if I'm being overly paranoid or too suspicious," Nathan said, his eyes darting to and fro as if expecting something hiding behind the shadows, getting ready to pounce at them while they're not looking or on their guard.

Draco almost snapped his head around to look at Nathan as he asked, nearly sounding demanding. "When did you first notice that?"

Nathan shrugged as he replied, "I think...about a few minutes ago, when Bellamy, Atom, and I went through our double rounds here through this forest path. I thought at first that I was imagining things or something--but then I swear, deep in my gut, I felt like we're being watched and followed."

Bellamy stopped Draco from thinking the worst and then agreeing with Nathan's statement as he intervened saying, "I'm sure it's nothing, Draco."

"No, it can't be nothing when it comes to Nathan's guts, Bellamy. You have no idea, how many times he saved our lives when he trusted and followed it once he feels it in his gut and everything," Riley said seriously. "Guys, don't you remember those last times before we met up with Bellamy and his group?"