CHAPTER 15 - ... and More Revelations part 3

(Continuation from CHAPTER 15 part 2)

00000

00000 00000

BACK IN THE FORESTS AGAIN, AFTER LEAVING THE STORE...

The group has scavenged and grabbed everything from the store that is useful and very much necessary for their long trip and survival throughout this monster apocalypse.

They leave with happy enlightened hearts upon hauling such a slightly big supply load they obtained, and they're all safely tucked away inside the expanded magical bags they're carrying with light-weight enchantments on them so that they won't be burdened by the heavyweight they're carrying back to the cabin.

Despite the success they gained from this slightly short mission they went on this run, Draco still did not let down his guard, looking around alertly like he's trying to spot any threats or dangers lurking behind the trees or hidden within the shadows or something.

Theodore and Bellamy tried to reassure and calm him down that they did it and got so much but Draco wasn't listening or he was ignoring them so that he'll look after their group in case any monster or human threat might be stalking after them or following their trail.

Octavia or Padma was about to tease or annoy Draco that he's being overly-paranoid about it, when suddenly--

LOUD MONSTER BELLOW!

The ten survivors instantly froze in their tracks upon hearing that loud sound. And instantly, the Mundane men quickly took out their magical guns and the wizards readied their magic powers as their hands slightly glow, while all the girls huddled together in the center of the protective circle to protect the goods as well as themselves while the boys formed the barrier around them to shield them.

"Okay...suddenly, this is not so funny--or enlightening anymore!" Colin couldn't help it upon saying it out loud but he tries to sound brave despite the shaky nervous wobble in his voice.

Draco scoffed dryly, "Oh really? I'm actually surprised that you were wanting to make a joke at a time like this!"

"Hey! Lay off him, will you!?" Eric defended his friend.

"That sounded way too close...Neville, do you know what monster was that?" Bellamy whispered softly to Neville as he holds a wide range of knowledge concerning monsters, besides the plants or herbal kinds that he's most fond of.

"Well, it's definitely not a friendly type of monster, that's for sure," Neville gulped, sounding really scared but trying to be brave too. "But the good news is that it sounded like it's only one of them and not a pack. But...the bad news--!"

"Let me guess--the bad news is that the monster is the big nasty kind, one that can tear up, munch on, and swallow one small group at a time--namely us!" Dennis said sarcastically.

"Pretty much the gist of it--yeah!"

"I suppose this is our cue to run back now!?" Padma asked frantically, her eyes darting around like she's expecting the giant monster to come crashing through the trees to get at them.

"No!" Draco instantly snapped. "We can't risk letting that monster follow our trail back to the cabin! We need to lose track of it first!"

"Uh--how exactly are we gonna do that!?" Nathan exclaimed incredulously.

"Yeah, I mean--from the sounds of that (more loud bellows and crashing noises), the monster is not only big--but it's coming in very fast into right where we're standing right now!" Bellamy said calmly bravely while trying to not show the inner panic he's feeling inside him.