9.1

Running. Emery hates running. Yeah she's fast but for like 1 minute and then it's gone. Then everything hurts and she's hot and she can't breathe.

"I really should have joined track when I had the chance." Emery heaved out, heads in top of her head beside Kie.

"Like that would've helped you." Kie rolled her eyes."

"You never know." Emery said falling onto her back on the floor still catching her breath. It was silent for a few seconds until they heard the sound of the airplane. Emery debated on following everyone to go check if it was them, but found that it was too much effort.

"There goes the gold." Pope says following the plane.

"Well looks like we failed." Emery's said laying on the ground. She kept her eyes on the three of her friends to see if one of them was about to go crazy, but her eyes drifted to the little bug moving beside her. "Oh my- shoot!" Emery yelled jumping up.

"Shit!" JJ yells kicking the boxes that were stacked waist high.

"Pope you good." Emery said hands in her knees as she was catching her breath once again but this time from a bug. Pope walked passed her grabbing something off the ground.

"Fuck!" Pope yelled going crazy hitting things.

Emery backed away over to JJ and Kie looking at them as they were just in shock as she was. Pope was the one who always kept his cool. Yeah he always got stressed, but Emery had only heard him actually twice in her life

"Should we-" Emery said looking between JJ and Kie worried that Pope would somehow hurt himself.

"Pope!" Kie tries to yell over the sounds of glass breaking.

"Come on Pope!" Emery yells trying to help Kie.

Finally Pope calmed down and walked over and sat down pretty much hyperventilating.

"Yeah, dude. I was wondering when this was gonna happen. Here you go, chief." JJ said. Emery walked over and sat beside Pope grabbing his hand.

"A little weed never hurt anyone." JJ continued. In return he received two very angry looks from two girls.

"JJ. You know he doesn't smoke." Kie said trying to get JJ to stop.

"Well, maybe not until today." JJ said as Pope grabbed it out of his hand.

Emery stood up walking away from the three of them trying to tune them all out. She slowly walked away hoping none of them would see as she just wanted to be alone.

She walked out of the junk they were all in for about five steps when she saw John B.

"Dude John B. Thank God!" Emery said running to John B and hugging. "Are you okay? Whose blood is this?" Emery said asking him all these question but before he could answer they were cut off by sirens. Emery took his hand and walked the couple steps back to where the rest of their friends were.

"John B!" JJ yelled running over. Emery grabbed his shirt and pulled him down behind the junk as she saw the police car. Pope and Kie caught on quickly doing the same. They all kept quiet until the car passed and they all stood up.

"Come on. We should go." Kie said, backing away and everyone followed.

✰✰✰✰

They were all sitting silently in the car knowing what to really say. The only thing that would break the silence is Popes loud coughing every few minutes.

"All right Im just gonna be real with you right now. You might end up in the lions den, but you don't go there on purpose. It's fundamental. Just like my old man always told me, you should never ever trust cops, no matter what the circumstance is." JJ said talking to John B.