5.3

"Hey guys, so like my dad's already gonna kill, so what's this mandatory meeting about?" Pope said sitting down on a log

"Hey guys, so like my dad's already gonna kill, so what's this mandatory meeting about?" Pope said sitting down on a log. John B and JJ were having some silent conversation between one another seeing who would break the news.

"Might as well tell him man, before we're gaffed." JJ said. Emery had her legs over his and her head laid on his shoulders. Whenever he would talk or laugh she could feel and hear the vibrations through his chest which made her relax for some reason that she has no idea why.

"You ready?" John B asked.

"Yeah." Kie replied.

"So, the gold never went down with the royal merchant." John B said.

"Oh my God. Here we go again with this." Pope sighed.

"Yea John B. I thought we were done with all the Royal Merchant stuff." Emery said. She thought the whole adventure was fun but, they did almost die a few times and she did not think that was fun.

"No, wait. Hear him out alright." JJ said. Emery was surprised that JJ was all for this. He was the one who didn't originally think that all this was true.

"It's been here the whole time. On this island." John B smiled.

"Are you serious? Oh my God." Kie breathed out.

"I'd like to voice my skepticism." Pope said. Emery could hear JJ's laugh through his chest and the vibrations. It almost sounds like a bass in some music made in a recording studio. That's the only Emery could really compare it to.

"I'm sure you would Pope, but let me voice my evidence sir." John b said standing on top of a log and walking across balancing himself. "Alright so in my backpack, I have a letter from denmark Tanny."

"Who's that?" Emery asked.

"Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant Wreck. Check this out." John B said opening the letter for all of them to read.

"What?" Kie questioned.

"Okay, so slaves were mentioned as crew members on the ship and my dad, he found the complete manifest of it. That was his big discovery. So Tanny used the gold from the merchant to buy his freedom. After that, he bought his farm. Drumroll please, because that farm is-" John B said dragging out the last few words while everyone hit their knees creating a drumroll. "Tannyhill Plantation." John B continued.

"Tannyhill?" Kie asked.

"Let me see that." Emery whispered to Pope reaching for the letter to look over.

"Yeah. So, after that he used his money to free even more slaves, and then he sold a shit-ton of rice which pisses off all the white planters and then they decide to lynch him. So on the day they were coming to get him, he writes a letter to his son as a farewell, and in the last line of that letter he leaves a coded message where to find the gold." John B said continuing his 'evidence.'