6.5

They were still pressed up against the wall hearing the soft shuffling of Mrs

They were still pressed up against the wall hearing the soft shuffling of Mrs. Crain and the thumping of some other object growing closer. Emery could see Kie freaking out and worried that she'd let something slips so she covered her mouth. Kie doing the same to her almost comforting each other. They looked to their left to see Mrs. Crain walking towards them. Emery shut her eyes as tight as she could knowing that they'd been caught.

"I can hear you leon." Mrs. Crain croaked out. Emery opened her eyes slightly seeing Mrs. Crain standing right in front of her. Wondering why she hadn't said anything to them. "I've been waiting all night!" Mrs. Crain yelled, turning to the girls up against the wall. They all screamed and ran from the old woman. Trying to escape they all got separated going different ways.

Emery could hear Mrs. Crain getting closer and found herself in a dead end. She looked frantically for a way out just to see Mrs. Crain coming for her and Emery grabbed the quickest thing she could find, a book.

"Take this you old bat." Emery said swinging the book at Mrs. Crain and hitting her in the head, stunning her. "Well shoot. I'm sorry." Emery said running away and meeting Kie and a locked door.

"Kie I hit her with a book." Emery said still in shock before trying to help her open the door.

"Well, go off." Kie laughed out. Emery heard Mrs. Crain and turned around to see her lifting up a fire poker about to hit them.

"Shit!" Emery yelled grabbing Kie and pulling her this way. Thankfully, right before Mrs. Crain hit them Sarah came up and grabbed the poker and threw it. Sarah grabbed Emery's hand while the other was still connected to Kie's and pulled them behind a door.

"This way! It goes underneath the house." Sarah said running to some stairs. Emery ran down the stairs almost falling down them because she was running so fast.

"Guys!" Sarah yelled.

"Woah. What's going on?" Pope asked holding onto the rope which was holding John B.

"Mrs. Crain. She's up there!" Sarah yelled.

"She's crazy!" Emery yelled out of breath.

"And she tried to hit us with a fire poker." Kie breathed out.

"And I hit her with a book." Emery said still in shock, adrenaline pumping.

"That's my babygirl." JJ said smiling and giving Emery a high five who ignored it, partly because she was still mad at him and the other because she was trying to catch her breath.

"We locked her away, but we gotta go." Sarah yelled panicked.

"Okay that's code red. Hey John B! get back on man." JJ yelled down into the well to John B. Everyone walked over to the rope grabbing on ready to pull John B up.

"Ready 1, 2, 3!" Pope said. When they all pulled they all flew back not having a weight on the other side. Emery had fallen on top of JJ who carefully picked her up and placed her down.

"John B" They all yelled down the hole trying to get his attention. They all quieted down when they faintly heard John B yelling something they couldn't hear.

"What's he saying?" JJ asked.

"Yo he's drowning!" Sarah yelled as they all ran back to the rope hoping he was hooked back on. Emery was holding onto the rope when she heard a noise on the stairs. It was very faint, but she could hear it. They were all pulling on the rope while she slowly walked over to the stairs. She peeked her head to see Mrs. Crain with a gun.

"Guys-" Emery yelled, but was cut off by a gunshot that barely missed her head. Emery fell to the floor trying to dodge the bullet, but could feel someone come up behind her and grab under her arms and carry her behind some boxes.

"Are you okay? You good?" JJ said grabbing the sides of her face looking over her for any injuries which were very small cuts on her arms from diving to the ground.

"Yea, yea I'm good." Emery said grabbing his hand and holding it.

"Thank God." JJ breathed out.

"Don't try to control me like that again." Emery said looking at him. She knew he was just being protective, but that time he was being over the top by telling her what to do

"I know babygirl, I'm sorry." JJ said kissing the top of her head.

"I know you are." Emery smiled forgetting about Mrs. Crain. She didn't forget long before Mrs. Crain had shot right by JJ and Emery which made them quickly get up and run.

"Em let's go." JJ said grabbing her hand and running out from under the house.

"What about John B?" Emery asked still running with him.

"JJ! Em!" John b faintly yelled from behind.

"He's coming." JJ smiled as they all ran as fast as possible dodging Mrs. Crain's terrible aim running to the car. JJ and Emery both jumped over the Stone wall running into the van, JJ on drivers side and Emery in the passenger seat.

"Go! Go!" Pope yelled for JJ to drive.

"John B!" Sarah yelled.

"He's coming I promise." Emery said, just in time for John B to hop in the slowly moving van.

"Oh my God!" JJ yelled turning around.

"You good? You shot?" Emery asked.

"I'd think I would know if I was shot right?" Kie asked. They were all breathing heavily out of breath.

"You look disgusting." Pope breathed out.

"Smell like it too." Emery said, breathing heavily inbetween words.

"That bitch is possessed." Kie said.

"That bitch can't aim." Sarah said, laughing.

"She was freakin' blind." Emery laughed turning around.

"What's that?" Kie asked John B.

"No you didn't." Sarah said referring to the gold in John B's hand.

"We did it baby!" John B yelled.

"We got the fuckin' gold." Emery cussed out from happiness.

"Oh my God!" JJ yelled. They were all yelling and screaming from the happiness of finally finding the gold, adrenaline still pumping in their veins.

"Wait! Wait! Guys, we're gonna be rich." Kie said.

"Yeah is that finally hitting you?" Emery asked, smiling. They all started chanting 'full kook' and dancing in the van. None of them could believe that they actually did t.

"Guys my cheeks hurt! Wait, wait! Can my cheeks fall off from smiling too much!" Emery yelled as her cheeks were hurting from smiling so big for so long.

"No Emery. You're cheeks can't fall off from smiling too much." Pope said laughing before returning to yelling. Emery looked to JJ, to see him already looking at her and she couldn't wait any longer. She crashed their lips together, so happy. He didn't care that she had just showed everybody they were pretty much together, they were just all happy. Emery finally felt like she had everything she wanted, she had the guy, her friends, the gold, and officially the best summer.